Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

my 2013 Q5 stalled while driving on the highway and wont start again!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Harbooook
I went into the same situation yesterday. My 2013 Q5 started stalling while driving on highway and I took the exit to a local road. But the car stopped on the signal and was not able to restart, it shuts off in few seconds with engine signal on. A kind person stopped his car and helped me to pull over to the shoulder. I had it towed it to the dealer, waiting for tuesday since it is memorial day today.
Could you pls. advice what I need to do? How do I contact Audi directly?
Old 05-26-2014, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2013q5owner
Hi Harbooook
I went into the same situation yesterday. My 2013 Q5 started stalling while driving on highway and I took the exit to a local road. But the car stopped on the signal and was not able to restart, it shuts off in few seconds with engine signal on. A kind person stopped his car and helped me to pull over to the shoulder. I had it towed it to the dealer, waiting for tuesday since it is memorial day today.
Could you pls. advice what I need to do? How do I contact Audi directly?
given that your car is a 2013, I assume it is still under warranty. If you have not already, the first thing you should do is speak with the dealer service department so they understand the circumstances that caused your car to need to be towed in. No need to call the manufacturer at this point as they will merely refer you to the dealer to get your car repaired. Hopefully they will be able to repair your car immediately. If not, I would certainly request that they provide you with a free loaner vehicle. In all likelihood, the dealer will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and repair your car.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by shark115
given that your car is a 2013, I assume it is still under warranty. If you have not already, the first thing you should do is speak with the dealer service department so they understand the circumstances that caused your car to need to be towed in. No need to call the manufacturer at this point as they will merely refer you to the dealer to get your car repaired. Hopefully they will be able to repair your car immediately. If not, I would certainly request that they provide you with a free loaner vehicle. In all likelihood, the dealer will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and repair your car.
I agree. Start with the dealer and give them a chance to diagnose and fix the problem. Chances are that they can resolve the issue.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good thing you're in Canada and not the U.S. It's Memorial Day here and garages are closed. You would have had to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) if you were in the U.S.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately it sounds like the OP is in the U.S. But interestingly enough both sales and service at my dealer were open today. I'm in New Jersey and I don't think I ever heard of a car dealer open on Memorial Day before.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unfortunately it sounds like the OP is in the U.S. But interestingly enough both sales and service at my dealer were open today. I'm in New Jersey and I don't think I ever heard of a car dealer open on Memorial Day before.
OP Harboook is definitely Canadian. He gives his mileage in kilometers and then later says his car was serviced yesterday (Monday). The next fellow who had the same problem is in the U.S. and had to wait till today to visit the dealer.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Harbooook
WOW...
it turns out its a faulty fuel level sensor! The gas gauge was indicating a third of a tank and 200Km to go! but it was empty!
They have to order the part from Vancouver and should be here tomorrow.
I have asked they check the fuel pump and engine for any damages! but Im glad it wasnt anything serious.
Well glad it was something simple. I guess people can check their gauges by seeing how many gallons it takes to fill up when they are at the 1/4 mark on their gauge.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
OP Harboook is definitely Canadian. He gives his mileage in kilometers and then later says his car was serviced yesterday (Monday). The next fellow who had the same problem is in the U.S. and had to wait till today to visit the dealer.
...You do realize the OP started this thread in January of last year, right?
Old 06-02-2014, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you all for the replay.

--------UPDATE-------------
Got the car repaired on Friday (May 30),They said the problem was with one fuel injector and they replaced it.

Since saturday evening, car is showing the engine signal on.
Going to contact the dealer on Monday.

It seems changing the fuel injector not fully rectified the issue, as I am getting minor stalling (or a sudden jump) now also. The sudden jump happens within 10 foots after car start moving (but not always happens).
Pls. suggest if anybody have any idea?