AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   My new silver Hartmann RS4 Rep wheels installed (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/my-new-silver-hartmann-rs4-rep-wheels-installed-2854137/)

Parsec 09-20-2013 10:39 AM

Mark: Which lic plate did you end up going with?

Mark P 09-20-2013 10:52 AM

I went with this crazy one!

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 24490039)
Mark: Which lic plate did you end up going with?

;)

I have to wait for a real plate before I can request a vanity. But I'm going with OILBURNR, or actually a slight variant since that's already taken.

I think BURNS OIL was available, but put all together, it could be read as BURN SOIL ;)

http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/q5/mi...temp_plate.jpg

joey jojo 09-20-2013 11:30 AM

yeah, we'll see what the price is on the 708s. i actually like the 710s a lot as well. the VMRs seem quite a bit less expensive than the hartmanns. but i guess enough VAG folks ride them that i shouldn't be too alarmed.
i also would need to figure out what to do with the stock wheel/tire setup. i live in socal, so the option of having dedicated summer/winter tires doesn't work. i'm not sure what the stock prem plus 19" would go for even.
btw, "burn soil" could also mean that you're a trailblazer. =) how about drinks oil or some variation of that?
one funny thing about cali is that you don't even get a paper temp plate to put in the license plate holder. they just stick some documents on your front windshield. so unless a cop looks at the folded doc taped to your windshield, there's no way he can tell if your temp plates have expired. a friend of mine hasn't put plates on his car for 2 years now...hasn't had a problem yet. he also hasn't had to pay tolls on the toll roads either!

DennisMitchell 09-20-2013 11:46 AM

Mark,

You mentioned it somewhere else, but what tire / size did you end up mounting on the Hartmanns.

Dennis

Mark P 09-20-2013 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell (Post 24490061)
Mark,

You mentioned it somewhere else, but what tire / size did you end up mounting on the Hartmanns.

Dennis

OEM size tire:
255/45R20 Kumho Ecsta 4X
on
20"x9" ET40 Hartmann HRS4-252-GS

Mark P 09-20-2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell (Post 24490072)
Also brand / model...

Thanks,
Dennis

*Updated*

tgt 09-20-2013 12:59 PM

Looks great Mark, congrats!

I've always been a big fan of the RS4 wheels but for some reason in 20" they look small to my eyes on the Q5. Shame that nobody (that I can find) makes a good replica or basically any other 21" wheel offerings for the Q5. :(

-tgt

ELEVENS 09-20-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mark P (Post 24490029)
These are ET40, but they also have ET25 for the Q5. However, I don't know if they put any depth differences into the face of the wheel or if the offset difference is entirely in the back of the wheel. I'd guess the later is more likely for ease of design for varying ETs as they're likely doing this one wheel to fit many different cars, brake setups, etc.

Hey mark - Just so there's no confusion, I'm not saying they look bad at all! It's just that after owning my RS4 for 7 solid years I've grown accustomed to how they look on my RS4, for better or for worse.

What tires did you go with?

larryV 09-20-2013 02:46 PM

Looks great Mark!

No plans to install Audi center caps to complete the oem look?

Mark P 09-20-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by tgt (Post 24490086)
Looks great Mark, congrats!

I've always been a big fan of the RS4 wheels but for some reason in 20" they look small to my eyes on the Q5. Shame that nobody (that I can find) makes a good replica or basically any other 21" wheel offerings for the Q5. :(

-tgt

They've looked small to me on some color cars as well, but I am happy with their look on my color/car, so I'm good :)