AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   My Q5's first 1000 miles (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/my-q5s-first-1000-miles-2793426/)

ben_aip 10-31-2010 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy911 (Post 24054899)
im at 1400 miles and drive 60miles round trip 4-5 times a week all freeway. Ive been doing 75-90 and got 18mpg all 3 times i have filled up. My stop and go traffic is very minimal as i work nights and i live off the freeway... and im in houston so its as flat as it gets around here

Relax, buddy. Give it another couple thousand miles - your mpg figure's gonna improve. Try cruising around 70-80 for now. In the meantime, go sign up at fuelly.com and compare with other Qs as you fill-up. Good luck and drive safe & save.

The G Man 11-01-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy911 (Post 24054899)
im at 1400 miles and drive 60miles round trip 4-5 times a week all freeway. Ive been doing 75-90 and got 18mpg all 3 times i have filled up. My stop and go traffic is very minimal as i work nights and i live off the freeway... and im in houston so its as flat as it gets around here

Some cars dont get max gas milage until 7-8000 miles. Also, it depends on how aggressive you drive too, doing 90 MPG is not going to help. Best MPG is aroung 60 to 65 MPH, I know its hard to do that speed with the Q5.

hmn4858 11-01-2010 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 24054974)
Some cars dont get max gas milage until 7-8000 miles. Also, it depends on how aggressive you drive too, doing 90 MPG is not going to help. Best MPG is aroung 60 to 65 MPH, I know its hard to do that speed with the Q5.

Fuzzy911 would have bigger issues than his mpg if he drove that slow on Houston's freeways. ;)

fuzzy911 11-03-2010 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by hmn4858 (Post 24055007)
Fuzzy911 would have bigger issues than his mpg if he drove that slow on Houston's freeways. ;)

SHE has to do 90 to keep up on I -10 yes. I was just sharing my numbers with the original post. I know it will take time. Anything over 18mpg works for me, as i come from a Trans Am Ws6 and i see 18 as an acceptable rateing :D

ps 80mph is my crusing speed, 90 when im running late to work!

The G Man 11-04-2010 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy911 (Post 24056396)
SHE has to do 90 to keep up on I -10 yes. I was just sharing my numbers with the original post. I know it will take time. Anything over 18mpg works for me, as i come from a Trans Am Ws6 and i see 18 as an acceptable rateing :D

ps 80mph is my crusing speed, 90 when im running late to work!

I wasnt suggusting you should drive 65 MPH, I was just trying to figure out why your mileage is so low. By the way, you Trans Am does not have 4WD and it is not shape like a box. :)

fuzzy911 11-05-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 24056464)
I wasnt suggusting you should drive 65 MPH, I was just trying to figure out why your mileage is so low. By the way, you Trans Am does not have 4WD and it is not shape like a box. :)

HA neither does the Audi! The Audi is AWD, my 4 -runner was 4 wheel drive.There is such a huge difference when it comes to the wind resistence between the 4runner and Audi, so much nicer in the Q for obviouse reasons. As for the TA, she isnt a box but a boat!

The G Man 11-08-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzy911 (Post 24057470)
HA neither does the Audi! The Audi is AWD, my 4 -runner was 4 wheel drive.There is such a huge difference when it comes to the wind resistence between the 4runner and Audi, so much nicer in the Q for obviouse reasons. As for the TA, she isnt a box but a boat!

Which 4runner do you have, the V8 use a Torson setup very similar to the Q5's.

springsteen 05-10-2011 09:20 PM

After 1000 miles--here are my initial impressions. Let me begin by saying--great car. Really like it and enjoy it in almost all major respects. Because something is on the 'dislike' list below doesn't mean it's a big negative--in some cases they are "I wish..." but on the 'likes' they are all very positive.

LIKES: Ride; handling; styling; comfort; quiet cabin; B&O sound system; strong brakes; rain-sensing wipers (great when you live in the Portland area); tight turning circle; black headliner that comes standard w/cinnamon leather; auto rear hatch; gas mileage;

DISLIKES: Front brake dust (though I've found a remedy); wimpy seat heaters (worst I’ve ever had); clumsy MMI process for changing stations, etc.; would like more side bolstering on seat bottom; busy transmission (8 spd--but minor issue);

Bottom Line---VERY pleased. Would definitely recommend. Best car I've owned.

JennyC 05-11-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by springsteen (Post 24142602)
After 1000 miles--here are my initial impressions. Let me begin by saying--great car. Really like it and enjoy it in almost all major respects. Because something is on the 'dislike' list below doesn't mean it's a big negative--in some cases they are "I wish..." but on the 'likes' they are all very positive.

LIKES: Ride; handling; styling; comfort; quiet cabin; B&O sound system; strong brakes; rain-sensing wipers (great when you live in the Portland area); tight turning circle; black headliner that comes standard w/cinnamon leather; auto rear hatch; gas mileage;

DISLIKES: Front brake dust (though I've found a remedy); wimpy seat heaters (worst I’ve ever had); clumsy MMI process for changing stations, etc.; would like more side bolstering on seat bottom; busy transmission (8 spd--but minor issue);

Bottom Line---VERY pleased. Would definitely recommend. Best car I've owned.

springsteen: I'm with you on the front brake dust. I have to clean it every week which adds up to the total time I spend cleaning my car. Btw, I am interested on the remedy that you have found. I've recently tried the armor all wheel protectant with some good reviews online and it has worked pretty well for me but I went through that can quick!

Q5inPDX 05-11-2011 02:09 PM

Another Q5 owner here that just hit 1,000 miles. Loving the Q5. Here are my likes and dislikes (but overall, like most posts here, my likes VERY much outweigh the dislikes.)

1. The handling continually impresses me - it's so tight & precise, yet has an amazingly comfortable drive

2. The DRLs looks so great!

3. The B&O sound is superb

4. The power hatch

5. Rear seat room and ease of fold-down seats

6. Overall fit and finish - every time I get in, I marvel at the design and use of wood and aluminum trim.

DISLIKES:

1. The seat heaters are pathetic -lukewarm at best (in past Audi's, I never dared go past level 4 for fear of scalding but the in the Q5, level 4 is barely even noticeable)

2. The wipers sometimes skip and drag across the window, especially on just one quick wipe (my allroad did this too - surprised that Audi hasn't figured this one out yet)

3. Not a fan of how when you have the turn signal on, the corresponding DRL turns off - makes it look burnt out to oncoming drivers

4. The jukebox doesn't let you transfer CD's to the hard drive (my BMW allowed this and even carried over the track names, so it can't really be a copyright issue?)

Oh, and another like is this forum! It's been a daily read since I've had my Q5!

2011 P+ Ibis White w/ Black, MMI, B&O, 19"