Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New MMI firmware and 2018 US maps for Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive got the recent maps on my '15 Q5 3G+ (dealer installed them NAR 6.16.2) but still have the original MMI code (K_0814). Would love to get that updated too. Any way outside of the dealer? Im having some issues when Siriux/XM pushes channel lineup changes that my presets get lost and SAT volume control stops working saying 'currently unavailable'. Only way I have found to fix that is to shut off car for >15 minutes to get volume control back. Wondering if MMI SW would fix that.

Dealer is upgrading MMI code to see if that helps... Wont know what version until I pick up the car which will probably be Monday since they haven't figured out my 'check engine' light issue with the DPF regen cycle.

Last edited by Don Keener; 01-12-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Ive got the recent maps on my '15 Q5 3G+ (dealer installed them NAR 6.16.2) but still have the original MMI code (K_0814). Would love to get that updated too. Any way outside of the dealer? Im having some issues when Siriux/XM pushes channel lineup changes that my presets get lost and SAT volume control stops working saying 'currently unavailable'. Only way I have found to fix that is to shut off car for >15 minutes to get volume control back. Wondering if MMI SW would fix that.

Dealer is upgrading MMI code to see if that helps... Wont know what version until I pick up the car which will probably be Monday since they haven't figured out my 'check engine' light issue with the DPF regen cycle.
I have both versions of the firmware:
HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 (MMI 3G High) and with HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and Map NAR 6.16.2

If you need to send a message to PM

Old 01-13-2019, 07:05 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

FWIW 942_6 does not fix the Sirius channel update preset issue. Audi claims it is an issue with Sirius and Sirius claims it is an issue with Audi....which I believe as other Audi systems do not have the issue. Too bad they cannot figure it out.

I am however surprised you had a dealer installed map upgrade and they did not update MMI at that time. How much did they bang you for the map update?
Old 01-13-2019, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

does the update work on a CAN 2016 Q5
3.0 L sline

my dealer wants too much $$
Old 01-13-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
I have both versions of the firmware:
HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 (MMI 3G High) and with HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 and Map NAR 6.16.2

If you need to send a message to PM

Thanks!! Ill see what the dealer ends up putting on and let you know...
Old 01-13-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gk1

FWIW 942_6 does not fix the Sirius channel update preset issue. Audi claims it is an issue with Sirius and Sirius claims it is an issue with Audi....which I believe as other Audi systems do not have the issue. Too bad they cannot figure it out.

I am however surprised you had a dealer installed map upgrade and they did not update MMI at that time. How much did they bang you for the map update?
I was surprised at that too as I thought the map and mmi versions were usually 'paired'. The map update is a loooooong story... I prepaid for the update with the TDI 'were sorry' dealer gift card for just under the 500$ value of the card. They let me prepay because the card was going to expire before the new maps were set to be released. It took nearly 2 years before the dealer had all the pieces they needed to actually do the update. I believe the 2016/2017 dealer map update release was 'cancelled' and we had to wait for the 2017/2018 update and then there was some piece of code or something that they needed to actually make it work that had become unavailable. They did not tell me exact what this missing piece was only that the district rep worked with the factory to get a copy of this 'magic' pixie dust. They stood behind the prepaid price even though I believe the actual price at the time was quite a bit higher than $500. In the end they took care of me. Sad to hear that the mmi 942 code isnt going to fix the issue... its maddening!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gk1

Will the 'three button' MMI reset correct the volume control being 'currently unavailable'? Fortunately I only have a few presets but the volume control going stupid is a real pain.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:27 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Will the 'three button' MMI reset correct the volume control being 'currently unavailable'? Fortunately I only have a few presets but the volume control going stupid is a real pain.
Usually, yes it will allow you to get the volume working again. But it can happen again on the next Sirius channel update.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

I do not understand such people like this

Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by simplesez
Everybody wants that firmware for free. Gotta pay to play on the Q5. Don't know about your S4.
It's ridiculous software updates are a "pay" item. They should take a note from Volvo: ALL controller software updates are free for life, every time the car rolls in for service all controller versions and checked and updated to the latest approved version....for free, for the life of the car. This approach shows a lot of focus on customer satisfaction.
The following users liked this post:
Patparker (11-02-2019)

Quick Reply: New MMI firmware and 2018 US maps for Q5