Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Owner: 2015 SQ5 - Black w/Black Optics Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LIKE! Gorgeous car!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks great! I would definitely recommend a paint coating after you get your Xpel installed. A quality paint coating will keep those swirl marks off that beautiful black paint. I used Getechiq and am very happy with it, but there are also other coating options that folks have been happy with too.

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lovely car. Enjoy lots!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks all! Still waiting to get it back from shop doing clear bra and tint... Taking a day or 2 longer than expected

Will post pics of the 10mm front and 17.5mm ECS Tuning spacer setup soon! Definitely an inexpensive mod that really gives the SQ a more aggressive stance.

H&R Springs have been ordered!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great! I am waiting for my Monsoon Grey with the Black Optic to come in. Supposed to build in 2 weeks, maybe i will see it in late March. I am planning on many of the same mods: what bolts did you get for the spacers? I have the 21" wheels as well. Also is the tag on the front fender "Supercharged" or V6T? If Supercharged is it carbon fiber? Doesn't look like red from the pic. Thanks, have fun
Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Black Looks Great, but not in the northern winters like I have.

Just got confirmation on delivery of my new order:
2015 SQ5 Prestige
Lava Gray Pearl with carbon inlays
Black Milano Leather
Comfort/Luxury pk
Driver assist pk
due in March 3.... I HOPE.....
Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elkahuna
Black Looks Great, but not in the northern winters like I have.

Just got confirmation on delivery of my new order:
2015 SQ5 Prestige
Lava Gray Pearl with carbon inlays
Black Milano Leather
Comfort/Luxury pk
Driver assist pk
due in March 3.... I HOPE.....
Where are you located? And what port is yours leaving from?

My SQ5 is leaving from the port at Emden, Germany and supposed to be at the dealer the first week of March.

2015 SQ5 Premium+
Daytona Gray
Carbon Atlas
High Gloss Black
Tech Package
B&O stereo
Old 01-28-2015, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
Where are you located? And what port is yours leaving from?

My SQ5 is leaving from the port at Emden, Germany and supposed to be at the dealer the first week of March.

2015 SQ5 Premium+
Daytona Gray
Carbon Atlas
High Gloss Black
Tech Package
B&O stereo
The should all be coming out of Emden. The port of entry for the southeast is Brunswick Ga and for the North would be Davisville, RI.

The Apollon Leader would be the ship scheduled to arrive in Brunswick in the first week of March. It is scheduled to arrive in Emden on 2/18 and in Brunswick on 3/6.

APOLLON LEADER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9402706, MMSI 370508000, Callsign 3ETC2 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic

Schedules are always subject to change of course.....
Old 01-28-2015, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by touchofgray
Looks great! I am waiting for my Monsoon Grey with the Black Optic to come in. Supposed to build in 2 weeks, maybe i will see it in late March. I am planning on many of the same mods: what bolts did you get for the spacers? I have the 21" wheels as well. Also is the tag on the front fender "Supercharged" or V6T? If Supercharged is it carbon fiber? Doesn't look like red from the pic. Thanks, have fun
When you buy the spacers direct from ECS Tuning, they send you the necessary bolts needed for each size. Fitment was perfect with no issues whatsoever.

The tag on the front fender is the Supercharged badge and no, it's not carbon fiber. Would look awesome if it was, though! Does have red on it.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don Keener
The should all be coming out of Emden. The port of entry for the southeast is Brunswick Ga and for the North would be Davisville, RI.

The Apollon Leader would be the ship scheduled to arrive in Brunswick in the first week of March. It is scheduled to arrive in Emden on 2/18 and in Brunswick on 3/6.

APOLLON LEADER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9402706, MMSI 370508000, Callsign 3ETC2 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic

Schedules are always subject to change of course.....
Thanks, great info! Where, may I ask, do you get that? Just by searching for ships scheduled to arrive in Brunswick?

What's scheduled to arrive in Brunswick on 2/23/2015? That's when mine is scheduled to get to port. Second week of March is when it should get to the dealer.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New Owner: 2015 SQ5 - Black w/Black Optics Package