Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bosy shop for Audi Q5 TDI

Old 03-01-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosy shop for Audi Q5 TDI

First post in the Q5 area (put this in the New England section too) and wish it was for a better reason, but I'm looking for a good body shop (preferably near Boston) for my 2014 Audi Q5 TDI as someone hit it in a parking lot the other day and of course didn't leave a note. It's not significant damage, but it's not just a swipe or bump either. I've got a broken tail light, a dent and some scratches, so would like to make sure the paint work (if needed) matches the real color. I see the following options right now:

1. Audi authorized collision repair in Mass (Prime is closest to me):

Prime Collision Center 155 Rivermoor St
West Roxbury, MA 02132 (617) 469-3000

Ira Collision Center 161 Andover Street
Danvers, MA 01923 (978) 605-2110

2. Go to a dealer: Audi Brookline uses an off-site collision repair it seems. Not sure about Audi Burlington, but that also might be convenient. Would be interested in folks' opinions on this if anyone has used it.

3. Independent shop that's not authorized by Audi. Not sure about the options here and the advantages (maybe price?) vs. the disadvantages (?).

Thanks for all the help and advice in advance.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a PDR. People rave about their work. Luckily, I haven't had a need for it.
http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...rovidence.html
Old 03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

schmil, you might try "Angie's List". I've had good luck using several folks (not for the car) and they all seem VERY concerned about customer satisfaction since good reviews mean they either will or won't ever see business from the list again. (If you look at signing up online, but don't sign up, you should get an email within a week with a substantial discount offer as well.) For the price of a membership, it certainly will get you some local recommendations, or warnings.

Indies and dealers can both do great or lousy jobs. I'll be upfront and tell a shop that I don't want a repair, I want to see the damage gone and invisible, no sign it ever happened, inside or out. If there is a shop your insurer endorses, that's one good sign. (Assuming it is worth reporting, often that's a mistake because of rate increases to follow.) And with a dealer, there's some possible recourse with the manufacturer if problems develop a year or four down the line, i.e. paint discoloring or lifting. "Gen you whine" OEM paints may be overpriced, but often the independent ones just aren't the same, and it is hard to tell what's really going to work, without recommendations from longer-term customers.