AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   New SQ5 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/new-sq5-2885251/)

els 06-23-2015 08:26 PM

New SQ5

Hi,

Just got 2015 SQ5 yesterday. I asked some questions on this forum a few weeks ago and was able to get a fantastic deal on new SQ5. Mine is probably one of the last panther black SQ5 and the salesman had to fight to get it from another local dealership. Eventually, it was re-routed immediately after it arrived at the port.

I find it interesting that the financial manager actually tried to sell me aftermarket options such as Perma Plate which I've never heard of. 7 years warranty and so on. In the end, I told him to keep it simple - no options and let me do some research on a couple options. I suppose the reason for financial manager trying to add on some more charges is that the monthly payment would be "only a few dollars more" but honestly I think salesman should be doing that and at least give me some heads up on what brands they use. I can't just sign and let them put subpar materials on my new vehicle.

Anyway, I'm going to reach out to a couple Xpel installers and probably look into opti-coat as well. Also, I think I'll order VCDS from ross-tech. Not sure if there's difference between VCDS and VCDS-Mobile other than the latter works with mobile device.

NorthValley 06-24-2015 04:57 AM

Congrats and enjoy your new car. Had mine 6 months now and still relish getting behind the wheel every chance I get!

scrmorling 06-24-2015 12:36 PM

Many congrats on the new car. Also, well done for resisting the pitches for the extras from the Finance Manager; some dealers make as much profit on those items as on the car itself. Steve

carguyrob 06-25-2015 10:32 AM

Congrats on the SQ5! The best color (no longer) available! :)

You might have one of the last Panther Black SQ5s...but maybe I do. What is your build date? Mine is March 2015.

Enjoy!

Topchef 06-25-2015 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by NorthValley (Post 24699282)
Congrats and enjoy your new car. Had mine 6 months now and still relish getting behind the wheel every chance I get!

Northvalley...do you have any pics of the powder coated wheels/ just picked up and SQ5 and thinking about doing the same

els 06-25-2015 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by carguyrob (Post 24699758)
Congrats on the SQ5! The best color (no longer) available! :)

You might have one of the last Panther Black SQ5s...but maybe I do. What is your build date? Mine is March 2015.

Enjoy!

@carguyrob, thanks! Best color, indeed. Anyway, pardon my ignorance, how do you tell the build date? SQ5 is my first Audi, in fact, first German vehicle! It arrived at the port on 6/15 according to the dealer and I picked it up last Monday.

Ethan

Dustin Fennell 06-25-2015 08:54 PM

Ya know, we won't believe you actually purchased an SQ5 until you post some pics. :-)

NorthValley 06-26-2015 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Topchef (Post 24699782)
Northvalley...do you have any pics of the powder coated wheels/ just picked up and SQ5 and thinking about doing the same

I'll get some up tomorrow just as soon as my detailer has finished with the car!

carguyrob 06-26-2015 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by els (Post 24699857)
@carguyrob, thanks! Best color, indeed. Anyway, pardon my ignorance, how do you tell the build date?

The build month/year is on the sticker inside the drivers door. It is the lower sticker (not the one with the tire pressure info) and the date on the top of that sticker.

els 06-26-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by carguyrob (Post 24700100)
The build month/year is on the sticker inside the drivers door. It is the lower sticker (not the one with the tire pressure info) and the date on the top of that sticker.

The build date is 05 15.