Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New X3s are selling like hot cakes

Old 10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My my...aren't we bitter hmn? ;-)

Originally Posted by hmn4858
I've never personally heard of anyone forfeiting a deposit. If they do, they don't know what they're doing. One reason you should always put it on a credit card. If there's no exchange of goods they have to give your money back. If you sign something that says you'll forfeit your deposit if you back out then you're not as good a negotiator as you think.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NMW1982
My my...aren't we bitter hmn? ;-)
I don't think he's bitter so much as people are tired of your posts...let's review:

1)You assert that deposits are non-refundable which numerous forum members quickly refute.

2) You supposedly get a great deal on your Q5, but won't reveal the dealer because it's "personal information" (or something like that).

3) You question if you can use regular gas in the Q5 (and post in the A4 forum as well for good measure) ...if you saved so much money when you bought your Q5, why worry about spending an extra $200/yr on gas?

4) You question chipping/flashing the 2.0T...if you're serious about spending $1,500+ for an ECU upgrade, then you sure better be ready to pay for Premium (see #3).

5) You question what it feels like to drive the thing @ 130mph...if you're really interested then "just do it"! If the wheel starts vibrating @ 125, then maybe you should back off a little bit...

Did I miss anything?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
I don't think he's bitter so much as people are tired of your posts...let's review:

Did I miss anything?
Thanks Audi40. One thing you forgot is NMW1982 thinks blue collar workers are uneducated.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yup, and I'll keep on posting too. I'm glad you take so much interest in me and my posts. Thanks, lol.

1)You assert that deposits are non-refundable which numerous forum members quickly refute.

2) You supposedly get a great deal on your Q5, but won't reveal the dealer because it's "personal information" (or something like that).

3) You question if you can use regular gas in the Q5 (and post in the A4 forum as well for good measure) ...if you saved so much money when you bought your Q5, why worry about spending an extra $200/yr on gas?

4) You question chipping/flashing the 2.0T...if you're serious about spending $1,500+ for an ECU upgrade, then you sure better be ready to pay for Premium (see #3).

5) You question what it feels like to drive the thing @ 130mph...if you're really interested then "just do it"! If the wheel starts vibrating @ 125, then maybe you should back off a little bit...

Did I miss anything?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

......Did I miss anything?

You forgot the "disturbing Audi Quattro performance" where NMW was so worried about our daily life on roller test tracks.

Oh my oh my the dumb blue collar workers, all doomed to roam this miserable life when Beemer X3 sells so well....

So if I could consider myself as blue collar worker, I must be incredible dumb with 2 Bachelors degrees (one from Europe and one from States), speak 3 languages and so on. Oh my I'm so doomed that I guess I should go behind the barn and end this misery as even my English is so bad that people says..

**** did you say, I cun't hear you...

LOL

ups.. almost fell off from my chair while lolling

Last edited by kleinbus; 10-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, but when you put down a deposit you're committing yourself to purchase the car when it arrives. Lest you forfeit the deposit.
Not even close to being true. A deposit is refundable on demand at any time prior to closing the deal. The deal is not closed until the new owner actually drives the car off the lot. Some states have provisions that allow the deal to be finalized only after a potential buyer "test drives" the actual vehicle that they intend to buy...not just test drive a similar model. Only then can the car be considered "DELIVERED." Where do you come up with deposit forfeiture stuff..are you just making this up?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The new 5 series had quite a few pre-order as well at frist, I would say the hype for the 5 series has pretty much level off and the dealers are already accumulating stock. The X3 will have a similar pattern. A lot of hype at 1st and it will level off. The problem with the X3 is that it is more of a re-fresh than a redeign. The interior looks the same only with better material. The exterior look very similar to the last gen exceot for the 3 series tail lights. There are new engine choices but overall, its all re-cycle BMW technology.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea, but when you put down a deposit you're committing yourself to purchase the car when it arrives. Lest you forfeit the deposit.
I can't say for the rest of the world but in Canada, you can always get back your deposit. My dealer told me that I could take the deposit back even after they received the ordered car.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Putting $500 down on a $50,000 car just so you could take a look at it as a customer is stupid.

Then you'll decide if you want it?

You might be able to offer or sell it to somebody else. But you can't because you have a customer who's shopping 5 other cars and leaving deposits on every car they might want to be.

If I'm running a dealership and a business, I'm not taking cars off the market just so people can "look" at it and make up their mind.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Putting $500 down on a $50,000 car just so you could take a look at it as a customer is stupid.

Then you'll decide if you want it?

You might be able to offer or sell it to somebody else. But you can't because you have a customer who's shopping 5 other cars and leaving deposits on every car they might want to be.

If I'm running a dealership and a business, I'm not taking cars off the market just so people can "look" at it and make up their mind.
Have you ever put down a deposit? I've never heard of putting a deposit down on a car that is sitting on a lot ready for sale. You either buy it then or you're sol if someone comes in and takes it while you screw around. The only deposits I've ever done is ordering a car, or if I want a specific car and they can get it from another dealer they'll take a deposit to initiate the trade so they know I'm serious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New X3s are selling like hot cakes