Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrios
I don't think there is any SQ5s with black optics in the US yet. I'm still waiting for mine 😃

Dealer says my vehicle should be here end of October.

Black optics SQ5 became available to order at the end of July.
Im waiting for my black optics SQ5 too- supposed to be here same time - leaving by the 16th for the east coast and expedited through port. My dealer said it should be the first custom built black optics sq5 in the US- apparently AOA built a few preconfigured black optics SQ5s that are just now on the ground (said he saw them going to CA) but wouldnt let dealers modify the orders. AOA frustrates again!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm on the left coast with an est delivery of end of November for SQ5 blk optics.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have an SQ5 Prestige, Daytona with Black Optics, on order... should be here in February. Wait is killing me but will let me start acquiring mods for it.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snig
I have an SQ5 Prestige, Daytona with Black Optics, on order... should be here in February. Wait is killing me but will let me start acquiring mods for it.
That's a long wait. I had a mid Sept build slot that could have had Black Optics, but AoA told me it wouldn't remove the chrome door handles. If it does, I'm going to be slightly perturbed.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ND40oz
That's a long wait. I had a mid Sept build slot that could have had Black Optics, but AoA told me it wouldn't remove the chrome door handles. If it does, I'm going to be slightly perturbed.
It may not have been built then- I originally put my order in with my dealer back in May and have hounded them about it until AOA began accepting HGB in July. They move a lot of vehicles and my interpretation is the Week 40 build date for HGB i ended up with is the soonest that was possible - AOA moved it up from 42 due to my dealers complaining. AOA wouldnt let them takeover any build slots earlier than that for HGB - including the handful of prebuilts were hearing about.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snig
Also waiting on Daytona + HGB and 21"s. Will post pics- im in DC so maybe well run across eachother!
Old 10-08-2014, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dave DC
It may not have been built then- I originally put my order in with my dealer back in May and have hounded them about it until AOA began accepting HGB in July. They move a lot of vehicles and my interpretation is the Week 40 build date for HGB i ended up with is the soonest that was possible - AOA moved it up from 42 due to my dealers complaining. AOA wouldnt let them takeover any build slots earlier than that for HGB - including the handful of prebuilts were hearing about.
I had a week 39 build, there didn't seem to be any issues with ordering it with the PPS option. I guess it could have caused it to be bumped but I wouldn't have cared if I knew it removed the chrome door handles. But AoA was pretty adamant that there was no way to remove the chrome door handles short of doing an exclusive order when I talked to them in August.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got a sunny day, although you can see some puffy clouds in the hood reflection, which almost gives a two-tone look.

You can see the sun reflecting off the chrome handles too. The chrome really blends in well on monsoon gray. It looks fine to me.

This has quickly become my favorite car I have ever owned.

Edit to fix the upside-down.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mysti; 10-12-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked up my 2015 Q5 TDI last week, very happy with it but also a bit sad to see the 2011 3.2 go. 72,000 km (45k miles) and not one issue. Decent city mileage and great highway mileage (would average about 23 mpg (US) on my annual trip to Florida), so no complaints at all. Also, even after 4 years of some harsh roads and winters in Canada, it had no rattles or creaks, hopefully the 2015 TDI is assembled as tightly as the 2011. It is Utopia Blue and Chestnut Brown and all options except Advanced Cruise.

Just waxed it
Old 10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

very handsome!

Quick Reply: Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread