Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

offroad package

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...i was really into this package before I bought mine. I have earlier posts in here on it. Now that I see it in person vs the cost...completely not worth it. Not sure what they are thinking...
Old 09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations! Please list what you got with the off road package. To my knowledge they do not offer it here in the US. You paid $7000 for the off road package, but you kept the stock rims. Please explain your reasoning. I would guess so you could install bigger tires and get more rubber between the trail and your Q5.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:20 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

I notice in the Audi Accessory brochure that the off-road package includes running boards. Any reason that you did not include those with your order?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi BCD-1.
I am researching the detail of the off-road package for installation on ?My Q5. My car (in Australia) is a 2.0 TDI, and the intercooler is the first point of damage in any front approach-angle incident off-road. It is in front of the radiator and slightly below, with just deformable plastic in front of and below it. I have a small dent in the bottom of the intercooler already - after an off-road day with the local ClubTouareg guys (my previous car was a Touareg).

So, can you tell me or show in pictures, is there any substantial protection offered by the front "stainless steel underbody protection" included as part of the "front valance" (or "front spoiler" or "front bumper" depending on the advertising in your particular country). I am not so concerned about the rear protection as my tow hitch will likely be the point of scraping there.
Also in your opinion, would it be possible to just install this one part to protect the front, or does it require the wheel arch extensions to maintain the line of the new lower bumper area?

thanks,

..Neil
Attached Images     
Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is same version avail for Q7 but looks better scaled on bigger car. No big uptake over there either.
More often people just went for front and rear panels with OR exhaust tips or running boards and skirts.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

moonan, several of the Q7 guys bought the lower OR valance/s aftermarket so it should be possible for Q5.
How did your Q5 do on the offroad trials compared with your old Treg.
Did you generate much interest?
What model and model year is your car?
As far as I can see you have the first Australian Q5 posting here... so welcome.
I'm sure i speak for all when I say we would love to read more from your perspective.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default This, my friends, is an off-road package....

and it's not a Q5, and your Q5 won't get you there, don't even try. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q5, but if you wanna get up here, this is how you do it.
Name:  IMG_1754_2.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  59.3 KB
Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed. Q5 is not an off road vehicle. The AWD is to improve bad weather driving.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's right

Up here in Quebec the Weather can really do it to a Car.
That's why I had the off-road package installed
Protection 1st as well I had the 3M kit installed ... The hole 9 yards.
I just ordered New MICHELINŽ LatitudeŽ AlpinŽ HP Winter Tires& New 17" Rims

from Audi Prestige DDO

I plan on Keeping the Q5 for a while !
Old 09-30-2009, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allaudigarage
and it's not a Q5, and your Q5 won't get you there, don't even try. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q5, but if you wanna get up here, this is how you do it.

That is an open differential joke....

You want real off-road package you go and buy MB G or UNIMOG that comes with 100% locks on all 3 differentials as standard option.

Quick Reply: offroad package