Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Panoramic sun roof Vs 21" SQ5 Wheels

Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panoramic sun roof Vs 21" SQ5 Wheels

Hi guys, I have just placed my order for an SQ5 can’t even describe my excitement. However I won’t be seeing the car until February a 5-month wait
during the past week I have been thinking whether I had chosen the right options. And before it’s to late into the build I thought I would start a forum…

Would you choose a panoramic sunroof or the 21” SQ5 Exclusive wheels if had the choice.. I would love to hear your thoughts, as I just can’t decide which I would prefer more then the other.
Does anyone with the glass roof appreciate it after the 1st 5 minutes of driving does the novelty wears off? Would you rather have a solid roof or the 21” SQ5 wheels? Is the glass roof hard to keep clean?

Would love to hear your thoughts and to all the roof owners is it really worth it??

Thanks guys I look forward to your replies and opinions
Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Why can't you have both???? Why can't you have it all?! Steve
Old 09-24-2013, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get it. The pano roof is a no cost option isn't it?
Old 09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, over here in aus it's an option.. and it cost just about the same as the 21" wheels.

Haha ideally Steve that would be the way to go, option it up a - z but I have to draw the line somewhere.. hence my question
Old 09-24-2013, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by serkalan
No, over here in aus it's an option.. and it cost just about the same as the 21" wheels.

Haha ideally Steve that would be the way to go, option it up a - z but I have to draw the line somewhere.. hence my question
Australia? Well then that makes a lot of sense, as Audis (as well as other premium imports) are very expensive in Oz. So I can see how the options can really start to pile up.

I say go for the 21" wheels then. I like my pano roof, but can't say I really use it much, or even notice it's there most of the time. The 21" are just beautiful on the car.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wheels
Old 09-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would go with a open bright feeling as you spend your time inside the car.

I also think the lower the Q is the cooler it looks. No real need for 21 wheels. Won't make it faster. Won't get better gas mileage.

Again the glass top makes the inside feel bigger. I love it.

The glass is easy to keep clean.
Its easier to keep clean then the wheels..haha.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by serkalan
Seriously then, I am very happy with the looks and the handling with the 20" wheels.

Perhaps another variable to consider is your climate: if you get a lot of nice days in the year where you would have roof open, then go for the panoramic roof. If it is too hot or too wet most of the time, maybe the wheels are a better option.

Steve
Old 09-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hate the pano roof, wish I'd dropped it. It make's the car way too hot (I had to add ceramic tint), the mesh cover's a joke. Really it's the only thing that I dislike about the car.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the feature of the Pano roof, it is a signature trademark of the car IMO.

I would not buy a Q5 new or used without it.

You can always buy new rim's later on, but you CANNOT purchase a pano roof later on...

The pano roof lightens up the whole cabin.

I went inside of a Q5 without a pano roof and it felt MUCH smaller vs one with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panoramic sun roof Vs 21" SQ5 Wheels