Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Porsche Macan 2.0TFSI

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts
Default Porsche Macan 2.0TFSI

Interestingly Porsche in Germany started the sale Macan with engine 2.0TFSI

2.0TFSI 185 kW (252 PS)55.669,00 EUR
3.0TDI 190 kW (258 PS) 60.548,00 EUR

Q5 3.0TDI 190 kW (258 PS) 52.400,00 EUR
SQ5 240 kW (326 PS) 64.140,00 EUR
SQ5 250 kW (340 PS) 68.200,00 EUR

Porsche Macan Modellübersicht - Porsche Deutschland

Last edited by spijun; 03-11-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, didn't know that.

I was looking into Macan sway bars for our Q but it seems the shape/mounting is different unfortunately. Wonder if there are maybe any other performance/suspension bits that would carry over and improve the Q's ride a bit.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yakev724
Cool, didn't know that.

I was looking into Macan sway bars for our Q but it seems the shape/mounting is different unfortunately. Wonder if there are maybe any other performance/suspension bits that would carry over and improve the Q's ride a bit.
These were on sale awhile back for $ 100. less. Installed them on my '12 Q5. Noticeably better handling, stability and reduced body roll.

EuroCode Tuning ÜSS Adjustable Sway Bar Set (F&R) Q5/SQ5 8R - Suspension - Quattro - 2.0TFSI - 8R (2007+) - Q5 - Audi EuroCode Tuning
Old 03-12-2016, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep, looks like the Macan Turbo will be here in July. Bet they are going after the X3 Q5 GLC market. Price starts in mid 40's. I believe its engine is a VW or Audi 2.0, not a Porsche.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Yep, looks like the Macan Turbo will be here in July. Bet they are going after the X3 Q5 GLC market. Price starts in mid 40's. I believe its engine is a VW or Audi 2.0, not a Porsche.
Can you say eating Audi's lunch? LOL
Old 03-13-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Interesting news. I will likely be looking to swap over in a year or so. I like most everything about my Q5 except for the 8-speed tranny. If not for the tranny, I would hold on to the Q5 for another 4 or 5 years. The Macan with 2.0T and PDK really fits the bill for me since I prefer a great handling vehicle and great dynamics over gobs of power, and I don't want a gas guzzler either.

I wonder if the Macan will be updated in a year along with the Q5 ? I doubt it. And I wonder if it will continue to come out of Germany... not Mexico ? I can see Macan sales getting a nice bump when the Mexican Q5 makes its debut.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stash64
Interesting news. I will likely be looking to swap over in a year or so. I like most everything about my Q5 except for the 8-speed tranny. If not for the tranny, I would hold on to the Q5 for another 4 or 5 years. The Macan with 2.0T and PDK really fits the bill for me since I prefer a great handling vehicle and great dynamics over gobs of power, and I don't want a gas guzzler either.

I wonder if the Macan will be updated in a year along with the Q5 ? I doubt it. And I wonder if it will continue to come out of Germany... not Mexico ? I can see Macan sales getting a nice bump when the Mexican Q5 makes its debut.
This actually changes everything for me. I may opt to get a Porsche Macan instead now as I was hoping to get a new vehicle by this fall.

The vehicle is built in Germany for the 2017 model and I'm assuming for the Porsche line will continue to do so in the future. I don't think they'll redesign the Macan as from what I understand other than the platform only shares a few of the same parts. It appears it will be adopting the updated 2.0 L engine that is in the A4. I personally am starting to lean towards getting this vehicle. The only downside is you don't get as many options and pay more for the Porsche. But the upside is the vehicle is newer looking than the Q5 and no doubt has better build quality with an updated transmission (vs for me to wait another additional year).
Old 03-13-2016, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Yes it is true engine from VW group, the same as the turbo diesel 3.0
Old 03-14-2016, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vancouver85
This actually changes everything for me. I may opt to get a Porsche Macan instead now as I was hoping to get a new vehicle by this fall.

The vehicle is built in Germany for the 2017 model and I'm assuming for the Porsche line will continue to do so in the future. I don't think they'll redesign the Macan as from what I understand other than the platform only shares a few of the same parts. It appears it will be adopting the updated 2.0 L engine that is in the A4. I personally am starting to lean towards getting this vehicle. The only downside is you don't get as many options and pay more for the Porsche. But the upside is the vehicle is newer looking than the Q5 and no doubt has better build quality with an updated transmission (vs for me to wait another additional year).
My BIL has the Macan. It is a nice vehicle. However, it is smaller than the Q5, lower too, and the build quality is no better.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
My BIL has the Macan. It is a nice vehicle. However, it is smaller than the Q5, lower too, and the build quality is no better.
Hey Jim,

Yep, smaller interior, a little lower to the ground, build quality may or may not be any better the the Q5, but certainly a more sports car like, tighter drive and a very updated look. I really think the 4 cyl Macan will give the Q5, X3 and GLC's a lot of competition. And yes, I'm guessing it will still be at a somewhat higher price point, with higher maintenance costs than the others, but certainly more affordable and better gas milage the the Macan S.
In a way, with the Q5's extreme popularity, I'm reminded of one of the best car ads ever. It was back in 2008, when the Q5 was first introduced here - It's 3 pm, all the school kids are being let out for their parents to pick them up and what you see are lines and lines of white Lexus 350'S and amongst them, one happy dad rolling up in his new back Q5. Very effective ad. At that time, I was not even aware of the new Q5, but it was enough to get me out of my 350 lease, stop test driving the FX35 and test drive the Q5. Ten minutes into the test drive, I got that 2009 Q5 3.2. I think the Macan 4 cyl will be that Audi in that 2008 commercial and the Q5 and X3's (which are everywhere) will be the Lexus 350.

Quick Reply: Porsche Macan 2.0TFSI