Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Possible Solution to Duplicate Contacts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Solution to Duplicate Contacts

So I got my Q5 three weeks ago. One of the first things I did was connected my phone to test how the Bluetooth worked. It loaded my contacts real fast and I was excited until I noticed that every single one of them have had duplicates. Even the ones that had only one number listed on the phone for the contact. I remembered that I had seen posts here on this issue, so I did a quick search. I was able to find posts about people having the same problem, but not a solution.
I decided to dig deeper and take a different approach. What if the culprit is not the car (so easy to blame)? What if my phone is the one that's messing things up.

To make it short(er), indeed, my iPhone 4s was linking two vCards to each of my contacts. One from my iCloud account and another from my MobileMe account. I had to turn synching the contacts from one of the services off and Voila! the problem was solved. No more duplicate contacts in the Q5's directory and each phone number has the correct icon (business, cell, etc.) attached to it.

I know that people with Droids are experiencing this problem as well. I don't know much about Droids, but I would suggest to do some research on duplicate contacts for your specific phone.
On one of the threads, someone mentioned Google contacts being merged the same way and causing the same issue.

I hope this info will help some. Good luck!

-moncsicsi-