Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Post Price Paid Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

m1964,

I got my car from Audi of Smithtown. Sales rep - Alex Hrnack(great guy).
Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

refthimos,

I've got my Q5 on order through Walter's Audi in Riverside, and tmy rep was Cole in the Internet department. I purchased using the USAA buyer's program (through Zag.com, which also handles AMEX, Capital One, and Overstock.com, interestingly). I believe the current deal through them is around $1,000 over invoice.

Walter's Audi definitely had the best prices of the dealerships I checked out in the LA area, and they were by far the most helpful through this process. They're definitely worth a call, and Cole has been great to work with.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Question for BeachRat

BeachRat,

Thanks for the referral! I am happy to go out to Riverside to get my vehicle; I am just looking for someone that is straight-to-the point, no nonsense and easy to deal with. If they are not interested in my business at my price, no problem, I would just ask that they tell me that straight-away. I have been emailing one dealer and askig very simple, straightforward questions, and he does not answer and instead just quotes me MSRP and tells me too call him if I want to buy.

One question for you. Did they give you an ETA on your vehicle? I am trying to get a sense of the estimated time from order to delivery (one of the questions that I posed to the dealer that went unanswered).

Thanks again for the helpful info!

Robert

Originally Posted by BeachRat
refthimos,

I've got my Q5 on order through Walter's Audi in Riverside, and tmy rep was Cole in the Internet department. I purchased using the USAA buyer's program (through Zag.com, which also handles AMEX, Capital One, and Overstock.com, interestingly). I believe the current deal through them is around $1,000 over invoice.

Walter's Audi definitely had the best prices of the dealerships I checked out in the LA area, and they were by far the most helpful through this process. They're definitely worth a call, and Cole has been great to work with.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

BeachRat,

Still curious what you were quoted as far as delivery (I understand that we have to wait about a month longer than the East Coast does), but I went ahead and emailed your guy and struck a deal at $1,113 over invoice. My configuration will be Prestige, S-Line, Meteor Gray, Mats/Trunk Lid and Tow Hitch. The invoice on that is $48,887 and I just came in at a flat $50K. Wish I had attended one of those Audi events so that I could have gotten Audi Care for free. Will probably add that in before I take delivery. Thanks for the tip! The convenience of getting this done quickly outweighed, for me at least, trying to get a marginally better deal somewhere else.

Oh and I think my price came to $167 less than what zag.com gave me, so overall, seems like a fair deal.

Robert
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

You're quite welcome, Robert. I would have purchased locally, but Cole sold me on going through Walter's. He's been very straightforward and honest about everything. Since he handles Internet Sales, he's in their phone center, and not on the sales floor.

My build date is November 27th, with a dealer delivery ETA of January 10th. For me, that's a total of 5 (long) months, but my situation is unique. I special ordered Lava Gray, so I was told they can't build mine on the standard assembly line. Had I ordered a standard US color, it should have arrived by now. Quoted lead times right now seem to be about 4 months.

Cole's # is (951) 354-4219, as I'm not sure how you reach him otherwise...

Originally Posted by refthimos
BeachRat,

Thanks for the referral! I am happy to go out to Riverside to get my vehicle; I am just looking for someone that is straight-to-the point, no nonsense and easy to deal with. If they are not interested in my business at my price, no problem, I would just ask that they tell me that straight-away. I have been emailing one dealer and askig very simple, straightforward questions, and he does not answer and instead just quotes me MSRP and tells me too call him if I want to buy.

One question for you. Did they give you an ETA on your vehicle? I am trying to get a sense of the estimated time from order to delivery (one of the questions that I posed to the dealer that went unanswered).

Thanks again for the helpful info!

Robert
Old 11-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We cut a deal at $50K for what I want (Prestige, S-Line, Meteor Gray, Mats/Tunk Liner and Tow Hitch). $1,113 over invoice. $167 under the zag.com price, less than $100 less than that. I know other folks have gotten a better deal, but this is SoCal and the no hassle was worth, to me, not trying to save another couple hundred bucks. I am probably one of the few owners that will see his gas mileage double with the Q5. So I will make up the difference in gas savings pretty quickly. Haha.

Working out the details but he said delivery would be 8-12 weeks. I am hoping he is right.

Thanks again for the referral.

Originally Posted by BeachRat
You're quite welcome, Robert. I would have purchased locally, but Cole sold me on going through Walter's. He's been very straightforward and honest about everything. Since he handles Internet Sales, he's in their phone center, and not on the sales floor.

My build date is November 27th, with a dealer delivery ETA of January 10th. For me, that's a total of 5 (long) months, but my situation is unique. I special ordered Lava Gray, so I was told they can't build mine on the standard assembly line. Had I ordered a standard US color, it should have arrived by now. Quoted lead times right now seem to be about 4 months.

Cole's # is (951) 354-4219, as I'm not sure how you reach him otherwise...