Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 2015 order?

Old 06-28-2014, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, i'm being asked to pay nearly $2000 to do an exchange with a dealer in California for a 2014 with Sline. It sounds like there is a chance Audi may add the Sline option back to the 2015 Q5. I would much rather get a 2015 Sline with the new piano black interior. Did AoA say anything about Sline on 2015?
Old 06-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DM-S4
Thanks for the info guys, i'm being asked to pay nearly $2000 to do an exchange with a dealer in California for a 2014 with Sline. It sounds like there is a chance Audi may add the Sline option back to the 2015 Q5. I would much rather get a 2015 Sline with the new piano black interior. Did AoA say anything about Sline on 2015?
when I called in...they said it will be available..my audi dealership has an accessory guide that shows the new s line wheels (you will have to get the high gloss black aka black optic aka s line plus) and it will only be available on 3.0T and up..

if you want the "peelers" then you need to get the 2014

instead of transfer...you can just contact the dealer that has it...fly there and drive back..

my friends have done that to make a small road trip
Old 06-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by - B -
I didn't commit to the first dealers, so no transfer was required. After. I heard 3-4 months because of current demand (of the TDI in my case), I became determined to source one so, I spoke with 4-5 dealers in the Los Angeles area. In the end, two battled it out for my business by sourcing exactly what I wanted and then it just came down to price.

I don't know how open you are about the specific white you want, but you may want to see if they would have better luck with a Glacier White, if they eat the $500 price difference in paint finishes. It could motivate them to source your exact specs.

I understand your frustration. The whole process can be a bit irritating, especially when you know what you want and the dealer isn't as enthusiastic. My best advice is to keep trying other dealers and one you may get lucky, like I did.

Good Luck!
I did a search on edmunds with a 500 mile radius and the exact configuration I wanted, regardless of color didn't show up

AoA admitted some dealers may be going through transitional periods with the 2015...but he said all of the dealers should have it...

maybe it's just the salesperson I have been dealing with...

it's infuriating they want me to order 2014 specs to a 2015 model, when AoA tells me the packages are different

maybe it's their ploy, to infuriate me to just buy it.

I'm not in dire need of a car at this exact moment, so I'm fine waiting until the dealers get their act together.

if anyone wants a fully loaded black pearl 3.0T with black optics and mmi+, audi in jacksonville fl has one with 400 miles they are willing to move

I hate black and I'm against navi, but they keep asking me if I want it...
Old 06-28-2014, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to put the blame mostly on Audi and their suppliers.

The titanium rims & black optic packages are frequently on back order, not available, or while available, create ordering delays or only available as sold orders.

Just like the new a3. They advertise the car with the hot 19" rims.

Which were unavailable and on back order before the car ever came out.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
You need to put the blame mostly on Audi and their suppliers.

The titanium rims & black optic packages are frequently on back order, not available, or while available, create ordering delays or only available as sold orders.

Just like the new a3. They advertise the car with the hot 19" rims.

Which were unavailable and on back order before the car ever came out.
Yea what a crappy experience this is. But....my local dealer is trying to tell me that I can get the same configuration, down to the wheels, which contradicts AoA
Old 06-28-2014, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just placed my order for a 2015
Old 06-28-2014, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just placed my order for a 2015 Q5 P+ - got an unexpected good deal considering they were desperate at month and quarter end.

The system showed delivery by 7/14 but the dealer said since it is now marked sold for me that it would go straight on a truck instead of train to the dealership which would be faster.

From the Houston port - anyone know how early it might get here ?

Thanks - sorry for re-reply
Old 06-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sonicboom
Just placed my order for a 2015 Q5 P+ - got an unexpected good deal considering they were desperate at month and quarter end.

The system showed delivery by 7/14 but the dealer said since it is now marked sold for me that it would go straight on a truck instead of train to the dealership which would be faster.

From the Houston port - anyone know how early it might get here ?

Thanks - sorry for re-reply
what packages did you get?

are we allowed to discuss price on here?

I can get 6% off msrp for supplier fiscount
Old 06-29-2014, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicboom
FWIW, dealers (and salespeople) don't achieve quotas or commissions for orders, only delivered cars. If you got a good deal it was probably due to your superior negotiating skills and not an end of month thing.

Buying from a dealer's inventory at the end of a month or quarter though, can make a difference. There's no better date to get a great deal than to walk in and buy a car off the lot at 4 PM on Dec 24 or Dec 31. Been there, done that. Amazing how flexible on price and fast to close a deal in your favor it becomes when their EOY sales quota is in play and they've already got one foot out the door to go to their holiday parties.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by zeebow
when I called in...they said it will be available..my audi dealership has an accessory guide that shows the new s line wheels (you will have to get the high gloss black aka black optic aka s line plus) and it will only be available on 3.0T and up..

if you want the "peelers" then you need to get the 2014

instead of transfer...you can just contact the dealer that has it...fly there and drive back..

my friends have done that to make a small road trip
Nice, did you call into AoA or your dealership?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q5 2015 order?