AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Q5 a car for.....? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/q5-car-2752184/)

lexusluver 05-19-2009 02:30 PM

Q5 a car for.....?

I really ask this sincerely, and I know I will get a lot of flames for this. But is it true that Q5 is for women, in the same way the GLK, RDX and X3 are for women? If you don't agree with the latter then disregard the post. I read another article that Audi expects 30 to 50% of its buyers in Europe to be women, whereas only 7% of Q7 owners are women.

Any thoughts on this? I know I will get plenty of replies that say.....to each his own, or then get a Q7, etc....but my point is is there an objective view that this would be a car for women from a third person perspective...not your own, cuz obviously you would not have bought this car if you beleive this to be the case. Just my two cents. Thanks.

jimmyly86 05-19-2009 02:52 PM

If i look good in it, its the car for me.

Originally Posted by lexusluver (Post 23790809)
I really ask this sincerely, and I know I will get a lot of flames for this. But is it true that Q5 is for women, in the same way the GLK, RDX and X3 are for women? If you don't agree with the latter then disregard the post. I read another article that Audi expects 30 to 50% of its buyers in Europe to be women, whereas only 7% of Q7 owners are women.

Any thoughts on this? I know I will get plenty of replies that say.....to each his own, or then get a Q7, etc....but my point is is there an objective view that this would be a car for women from a third person perspective...not your own, cuz obviously you would not have bought this car if you beleive this to be the case. Just my two cents. Thanks.

lexusluver 05-19-2009 04:20 PM

again, my my question was not in respect of what you think, but rather whether the view is out there that this car is for women.... For example, no one would think that a f-250 is for women...but on the other hand several may think that the x3 is for women (even though plenty of men drive it) Sorry for the confusion.

TIME89 05-19-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by lexusluver (Post 23790889)
again, my my question was not in respect of what you think, but rather whether the view is out there that this car is for women.... For example, no one would think that a f-250 is for women...but on the other hand several may think that the x3 is for women (even though plenty of men drive it) Sorry for the confusion.

This will be my wife car, but I will be happy driver on weekend with my 3 in the garage.

Don't think this is a women car.
I love also my wife MDX. (Damn, that not sound good....;))
You go to MDX forums - almost 95% users is a man, you look at driver on the street - and I say 95% of drivers is a women.

blatt22 05-19-2009 05:15 PM

HAHA, this is a funny post. In fact, I think the Q5 is by FAR the most masculine in its class hands down.

I think the class in general (as being a small SUV) is general tilted towards women. But once again, the Q5 is the best one out there. And this if from a long time loyal BMW fan who bashed Audi owners as "glorified VWs". I have completely done a 180 with this car (and all Audis recently).

TIME89 05-19-2009 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by blatt22 (Post 23790920)
HAHA, this is a funny post. In fact, I think the Q5 is by FAR the most masculine in its class hands down.

I think the class in general (as being a small SUV) is general tilted towards women. But once again, the Q5 is the best one out there. And this if from a long time loyal BMW fan who bashed Audi owners as "glorified VWs". I have completely done a 180 with this car (and all Audis recently).

Hey, plenty of BMW owners here. Those two are the best germans car - no question.

flogsta 05-19-2009 06:01 PM

following a motor talk forum in Germany. more or less 95% of all participants are men. nuff said? my dealer told me that most of the buyers are guys.

lexusluver 05-19-2009 06:38 PM

Buyers are guys but drivers are women perhaps. Everyone knows the man buys. HAHA jk.

Audi_Enthusiast 05-19-2009 06:43 PM

Q5 Masculinity

Hello Lexuslover,

If you are to compare a Lexus SC400 to the Q5, I would say hands down that the Q5 drive is more masculin than the Lexus...:-). I do say this objectively.

Thx,
Paul

lexusluver 05-19-2009 07:41 PM

I agree, the SC400 is for women, which is why i drive the GS. Q5 is more masculin than that lexus, but that doesn't mean much to me considering the SC400 is for women. If you are to compare a whooper to a microwaved burger at a gas station, the whopper wins hands down.