Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OmegaQ5
Actually, you won't. The hatch will not lock when the key is in the hatch area. Maybe you had another key outside near the vehicle. In that case, you can lock a key inside.
No, actually you can. I just tried it again with the extra key out of range.

Open hatch as exiting car, hit the lock on the remote, go to hatch and place key in hatch, close hatch. Right as it latches you get the lock notification beep. Hatch will not open using hatch handle.

All this is easily done if you go to the hatch to unload items and leave the key sitting there or in a purse left there.

EDIT: Also confirmed with the second remote out of range AND with its battery removed. Still locks...

Last edited by Hawk12; 11-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Non documented feature,
if you don't pay your car note someone will come pick the car up from you. =)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The hardest Easter egg to find was the toolkit. Dang they hide that thing so well I was ready to tell the dealer I didn't get one.

Hint: Lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare. Now lift up the carpet just in front of the spare. Unclip the plastic panel. There you will find your Easter eggs (jack and toolkit).
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bleh5
After seeing this "easter egg", I went to my car to look for this vent/penny holder thing, and I can't figure out where it is...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I started putting some change (I rarely use cash, but try to keep some quarters for parking meters handy) in the ashtray area. That worked for a while, until I got a dime caught underneath the retractable door. Its gone, never to be seen again. The door still works thank goodness.

I also lost a quarter in there. While the door is open there is a slight gap on either side. I tossed a quarter in the tray, it stood up on its side, found that gap and it dropped somewhere down into the car console!

I try to keep the car nice, so that sucked. So I just stopped using it for that all together.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

In college, I had several Hondas that had a drop down "pocket" on the left side of the steering column about the size of a cupped hand. You could easily hold over $5 in change there. It didn't rattle around, and didn't clutter up the car. I wish every one had that. It was a great idea. Kind of like the owners manual under the column.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
The hardest Easter egg to find was the toolkit. Dang they hide that thing so well I was ready to tell the dealer I didn't get one.

Hint: Lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare. Now lift up the carpet just in front of the spare. Unclip the plastic panel. There you will find your Easter eggs (jack and toolkit).
What about that hook on the passenger side footwell under the shifter? I found it, but have no clue what it's for...
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hawk12
What about that hook on the passenger side footwell under the shifter? I found it, but have no clue what it's for...
It's there onto which a lady can strap her purse strings so her purse doesn't move all over the place.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

More of a Emu Egg
How neat is it we get a nice electric air pump for filling our low tires we become alerted to by our low tire air pressure alarm thingy.
I also don't like that I found the tool that removes the lug nut "covers" AFTER I was done changing out summer to winter wheel/tires. I had no idea about that one.
I'll thinjk of more.
Make this a sticky for our Q5's please.
Oh and regarding the bright "red fog light" we have around back. Sure it's bright, but don't you feel like getting back to EVERY Volvo 840 (and after) that drove around with their fog lights on all of the time. These folks blinded us with bright red lights for centuries. Payback is hell.

Last edited by Otto Man; 11-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sjbearhunter
Non documented feature,
if you don't pay your car note someone will come pick the car up from you. =)
Another non documented feature,

On the driver side, press really hard on the pedal on the right and the Q5 will go very fast........LoL

A good one, as we all know, is you can set a speed limit alarm via the MMI, but you can also set another temporary limit. While driving at lower speed, example city limit or school zone, press and hold the "SET" button (the one on the left) in the dash speed meter. That will set Alarm2. This will warn you if you fo over your limit and possibly save you a police ticket.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticar
Uh, John, forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the FOG lights? You know, for when it's FOGGY out? The bright red ones in the back are rear fog lights. If this is what you are talking about, PLEASE don't drive around with your rear fog lights on. It makes it look like you are braking all the time and is very distracting, if it's not actually foggy.

And I may be mistaken, but the thing that looks like a vent may actually be a vent. I know the automatic climate control samples the interior air to know how to adjust for your comfort.
ok, your forgiven

mine are driving lights since I put nice white xenon matched bulbs in them

and no, never ever turn the rear ones on = they are there for you snow bound folks so the heat from them can melt the snow off and the snowplow behind you doesn't run you over

and. as others have stated, it's a coin holder !!! but ever since we got the tune in the wife's Q the coins fly out the back when she takes off !!!!

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 11-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)