Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Front license plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also did the opposite. Mine came with the holder, I didn't want it. I ordered the replacement strip, $150, and the dealer said they'd install it for free. It just came in and I have an appt next Thursday. I'll sell you my holder if you'd like!

phxflyboy
Old 06-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's an update:

I will call Audi of America and inform them that a front license plate holder is required in the state of Washington, which means that it should have come with one and I shouldn't have to pay for it. If my dealer argues that I would need to pay for it I will let Audi of America handle it because it's the law in that state.

Today, I went to my local gas station and in Hawaii we have to do safety checks every 6 months or so, they were unable to give me my safety check sticker because there was no front license plate.

Will post pictures once I'm finish with this dilemma.

"phxflyboy" How much are you selling it for, but first let me Audi of America handle it, if they are unable to help I'll buy it from you.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's amazing how different dealerships handle things like this. I told my dealership that I don't have a front license plate and they took the license plate holder off and put the filler plate in without having to pay for it. After reading some of the stories I feel lucky to have a decent dealership.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey audiq5_808, which dealer in Washington State did you buy your Q5 from?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Waitzar
Hey audiq5_808, which dealer in Washington State did you buy your Q5 from?
I was learn from old timers that good relationship with service adviser as important as good relationship with mother-in-law.
That why I "bribe" my BMW guy every my visit with small presents. Don't need to begging for soft. update .
Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the car from Robert Larson Porsche Audi

Here's an update:
Audi of America emailed the manager and he forwarded it to my sales guy. My sales guy called me asking me if I complained. I simply informed him that I called Audi of America because I believed that I shouldn't pay for a front license plate holder and that it should have came with one since it's the law in the state of Washington. An estimate for parts and installation would have been around $250 to $300.

He said that they just ordered the part for the front license and they will have it sent to me via Fedex Overnight and will have it installed also (I'm assuming it will be free).

What sucks is that I'm also buying another car from them, a Mobility Van (Dodge). He could have saved me the trouble from calling AOA and just sent one to me. I'm giving them my business.

Also, I'm still waiting for my iPod cable that didn't come with the car. I informed a day or 2 after I received the car, he stated that he didn't send it with the car because he didn't want it to get "stolen." What's funny is that he brings it up after i ask him where it is.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picking up my new Q5 this Friday. Re - license plate holder - I am located in PA (no front plate required). My question is some pics of the Q5 seem to show a all black plate holder going accross the front grille. Others show the same black pate holder with two chromelike horizontal bars.

What do I get? Nothing because of PA; all black; or black with chromelike horizontal bars?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

audiq5_808,

I see you got your license plate issue taken care of, so I guess you don't need mine. If anyone else need/wants a front license plate holder let me know. I'll make a smokin' deal for you.

phxflyboy
Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

phxflyboy,

I may need front license plate holder, do you still have it.

thx
Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I do, PM me and we'll talk.

phxflyboy

Quick Reply: Q5 Front license plate holder