Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Key Fob Case

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Key Fob Case

Saw threads for Q7 key fob case covers but wondering if any Q5 owners have found a good key fob case. Looking for one that will fit a 2017 Q5 key. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by auntrout
Saw threads for Q7 key fob case covers but wondering if any Q5 owners have found a good key fob case. Looking for one that will fit a 2017 Q5 key. Thanks.

I have bought this one, matte black match original not feels cheap. it protects the key from accidentally falling and dropping, and protect my key once in washer machine already.

I can confirm it fit 2017 key since I have 2017 q5 too.

2013-16 Audi Smart Car Key Remote FOB Matte Black Case Cover Case Skin Shell Cap | eBay
Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lucio_liu
I have bought this one, matte black match original not feels cheap. it protects the key from accidentally falling and dropping, and protect my key once in washer machine already.

I can confirm it fit 2017 key since I have 2017 q5 too.

2013-16 Audi Smart Car Key Remote FOB Matte Black Case Cover Case Skin Shell Cap | eBay
Thanks for the link. Based on the photos it looks like the two pieces snap together. Have you had any problems with the two staying together. I really like that matte finish.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the link. Based on the photos it looks like the two pieces snap together. Have you had any problems with the two staying together. I really like that matte finish.
i have been using this case since last December, i haven't found any problems with the two pieces snap together.

the two pieces snap together nicely and with a bit effort you can pry it open, nothing has broken.

I know that because i have my key once washed in our washer machine for 45 mins. I opened the case and dissemble key components and let dry overnight. my key has no damage.

it is well made, looks slick. the only concern is, it will not protect your key buttons from scratches. but i would not worry too much since most of time I don't need to press the button anyway since the keyless entry.

Last edited by lucio_liu; 07-16-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default here is some real pictures

Last edited by lucio_liu; 07-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have been using this case since last December, i haven't found any problems with the two pieces snap together.

the two pieces snap together nicely and with a bit effort you can pry it open, nothing has broken.

I know that because i have my key once washed in our washer machine for 45 mins. I opened the case and dissemble key components and let dry overnight. my key has no damage.

it is well made, looks slick. the only concern is, it will not protect your key buttons from scratches. but i would not worry too much since most of time I don't need to press the button anyway since the keyless entry.
My key (with no case whatsoever) went into the pool with me. Once I realized it, i opened it up and let it dry out and it has worked perfectly ever since... whew...
Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lucio, thanks for the pictures. That is a real nice fit. Its also good to know that your key fob still worked after going in the bath for 45 minutes.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
My key (with no case whatsoever) went into the pool with me. Once I realized it, i opened it up and let it dry out and it has worked perfectly ever since... whew...
Did you just let it air dry out? Nice to hear that Audi provided a robust key fob for us Q5 owners.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you just let it air dry out? Nice to hear that Audi provided a robust key fob for us Q5 owners.
Yup... just opened up the case the same way you replace the battery and blew it out as best i could (by mouth) and let it dry overnight. Put it back together and was very surprised that it worked...
Old 07-17-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Yup... just opened up the case the same way you replace the battery and blew it out as best i could (by mouth) and let it dry overnight. Put it back together and was very surprised that it worked...
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Q5 Key Fob Case