Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How and where can we check if the car needs to get an envisions fix? Looking at a few used TDI from non dealers and I want to verify and find out in my own. Please provide the website that would tell based on Vin
Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/

Though be warned this site can be notoriously inaccurate, the best way is to pop the hood and look for a sticker on the cowling or under side of the hood indicating it has the emissions modification installed and is compliant.

At this point in the game its pretty safe to assume every single TDI for sale has already had any settlement money claimed and your not gonna get a penny for it.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/

Though be warned this site can be notoriously inaccurate, the best way is to pop the hood and look for a sticker on the cowling or under side of the hood indicating it has the emissions modification installed and is compliant.

At this point in the game its pretty safe to assume every single TDI for sale has already had any settlement money claimed and your not gonna get a penny for it.
thanks I looked into that and it won't let you check if it's not registered. Unless I'm navigating the site wrong

if it needs work, how much does it cost? Or does the EPA cover the cost?
Old 09-29-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 566 Likes on 448 Posts

i ran my TDI though it before I bought it, worked fine a few years back.. *shrug*

Vehicle is completely legal fixed or not, its not a requirement to have the fix and you'll never have any issues registering it either way.. If it needed the fix applied, VW/Audi pay you money, you dont pay them.. EPA dont cover nothing
Old 11-03-2018, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

As for the lag, my Q7's suffered the most of my cars post fix. The Q5, A6, A7, A8 suffered mostly mpg's only. Sorry this is kind of off topic, but I have not been here for months and didn't see this problem so has anyone had huge problems with VAG for cars purchased before settlement was approved from a dealer, but that had been previously leased? VAG is contending that a previously leased car makes a later owner a "lease convert" and only entitled to $2,000? This is a complete misrepresentation or interpretation of the settlement actually says, and I am in a position that I have to make a motion to the court to resolve. Has VAG done this to anyone else that purchased subsequent to a lease that was not theirs? The settlement is clear the a previous lease holder is entitled to $2,000, from the total, but this position by VAG is totally contrary to that. Please PM me if you have suffered this issue with them. They are arrogant, obstinate, and can't administer or even understand their own settlement...it is crazy. I never wanted to believe they are as dishonest as others here claimed, but my opinion has changed. I even called Audi and spoke with them and they claim the settlement group is beyond their control. I will not buy another car from them after the Q7 and A8 are done. I have loved Porsche since I could recognize the silhouette of a 911. They are not an honest company.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911C4Fan
-------------- snip -----------------------

Sorry this is kind of off topic, but I have not been here for months and didn't see this problem so has anyone had huge problems with VAG for cars purchased before settlement was approved from a dealer, but that had been previously leased? VAG is contending that a previously leased car makes a later owner a "lease convert" and only entitled to $2,000? This is a complete misrepresentation or interpretation of the settlement actually says, and I am in a position that I have to make a motion to the court to resolve. Has VAG done this to anyone else that purchased subsequent to a lease that was not theirs? The settlement is clear the a previous lease holder is entitled to $2,000, from the total, but this position by VAG is totally contrary to that. Please PM me if you have suffered this issue with them. They are arrogant, obstinate, and can't administer or even understand their own settlement...it is crazy. I never wanted to believe they are as dishonest as others here claimed, but my opinion has changed. I even called Audi and spoke with them and they claim the settlement group is beyond their control. I will not buy another car from them after the Q7 and A8 are done. I have loved Porsche since I could recognize the silhouette of a 911. They are not an honest company.
You would probably receive better response if you cut and pasted this post into a thread on the settlement.
However,since you're here - it's worthwhile to remember that we're not dealing with Volkswagen or Audi the German automakers but with marginally trained and perhaps poorly paid American clerks with bad attitudes for settlement issues. The ones I've dealt with are arrogant, stupid, and uninformed and simply don't care. It's a waste of time to call or write unless you have the good fortune or connections to deal with someone higher up the food chain.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you. My sentiments exactly, but seems there is no one higher up the food chain and I think they planned it that way. Speaking with Audi, they know it reflects upon them and don't care.
Old 11-03-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you. My sentiments exactly, but seems there is no one higher up the food chain and I think they planned it that way. Speaking with Audi, they know it reflects upon them and don't care.
If I was one of the surviving top executives or shareholders in VW or Audi I wouldn't be feeling very kindly toward we Americans who are receiving the billions of dollars in handouts from their company either.

It won't be necessary for me to write the words. I think everyone can guess my opinion.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

You are probably right. But no one encouraged them to cheat in the first place. Once you agree to a settlement , you have a new chance to prove your word and your done mean something. Act like a sleaze the second time makes the first time seem in character instead of a bad business decision.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...so has anyone had huge problems with VAG for cars purchased before settlement was approved from a dealer, but that had been previously leased? VAG is contending that a previously leased car makes a later owner a "lease convert" and only entitled to $2,000? This is a complete misrepresentation or interpretation of the settlement actually says...
Could you please clarify what your complaint actually is?

Is it that you think you should be entitled to full compensation even though you're the 2nd owner of the car??

Quick Reply: Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences