Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

Have you had any engine issues yet? So far mine has been trouble free.
Ive had several 'engine' related incidents my my 'fixed' TDI. Ive had 3 'check engine' lights... Two were due to an issue in the AdBlue system... 11393 - Reductant Pressure Sensor Circuit... First attempt to fix failed. The other just happened last week and has to do with DPF and Regen.. 8863 - Diesel Particulate Filer . Dealer still has the car and has a Tech case open with Audi. They have had it since Friday (today is Wednesday) and it seems that they are all scratching their heads... lol Note however, that there is no evidence that these issues have anything to do with the 'fix'.

***** Got the car back Friday.. Oxygen Sensor replaced.

Last edited by Don Keener; 01-19-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Ive had several 'engine' related incidents my my 'fixed' TDI. Ive had 3 'check engine' lights... Two were due to an issue in the AdBlue system... 11393 - Reductant Pressure Sensor Circuit... First attempt to fix failed. The other just happened last week and has to do with DPF and Regen.. 8863 - Diesel Particulate Filer . Dealer still has the car and has a Tech case open with Audi. They have had it since Friday (today is Wednesday) and it seems that they are all scratching their heads... lol Note however, that there is no evidence that these issues have anything to do with the 'fix'.
Precisely why I am delaying the “fix” as long as possible. I hope they resolve your post “fix” issues. Hang in there!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

Have you had any engine issues yet? So far mine has been trouble free.
knocks on wood, no sir!! Flawless!! I'm going to hopefully wait till dec 2019 if the car allows it. But it should. I've been the only owner.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by djgainsbond
knocks on wood, no sir!! Flawless!! I'm going to hopefully wait till dec 2019 if the car allows it. But it should. I've been the only owner.
cheers from one original owner to another
Old 01-27-2019, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems like every time I look just at new post for the day I find a story of someone unhappy with there fixed tdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Today, 04:44 PM
Et28634
Audiworld Junior Member

Negative Performance/ Consumption post fixHello All,

Did a search but couldn't find a topic addressing my issue. I own a 2015 TDI with the emissions fix. I have noticed a sharp decline in fuel consumption post fix along with terrible consumption of AdBlue. I know part of the fix was added adblue consumption, but it seems like my vehicle warning light for adblue comes on a few times between services. Anyway, I was just posting to see if any of yall had similar experiences. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

TDI fix about 1 year and 10k miles ago. No issues so far. I think this has been our most trouble-free car so far (@62k miles).
Old 01-28-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mythdoc

The throttle adaptation is to turn on the car without starting the engine, press the accelerator all the way to the floor for 15 seconds minimum, then releasing, then turning off the car. On diesels this performs a throttle adaptation reset. It’s not a bad idea to do this every so often even with no changes, but after the fix it helped a bunch of folks.
Thank you for this suggestion! I did it and the car is running much better, maybe even as before the fix. I’m happy with the way it performs, no problems here.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Acapulco

Thank you for this suggestion! I did it and the car is running much better, maybe even as before the fix. I’m happy with the way it performs, no problems here.
I’m glad it helped.
May I add, your vehicle looks sharp, and the options and packages you have are pretty close to ideal. Well done.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

2015 TDI original owner and underwent the "fix" early 2018, and generally haven't experience any performance degradation.
But what we have experienced is a couple of check engine lights issues which were resolved, but I continue to have this experience.

At wholly random times, and there isn't a clear scenario to cause this: upon the end of a ride the fan continues to run for an extended amounts of time (3+ minutes, never the same).
Additionally, find with this, but not every time, an odd smell that forces me to open a garage door to air it out.

My SA claims they cannot see a related code, but admits it's odd behavior. Are others seeing this, is it normal, anything to be concerned about?
Along with some issue related to having to replace the sunroof frame and the resulting rattles and hassles - I'm beginning to get at wits end with a truck we initially really loved, sell it and retain whatever equity we have it from DieselGate.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like a regen occurring. Since it may require more frequent regen's post fix, that's probably not unusual. I've seen that happen too but it's relatively infrequent. We've had a few check engine lights as well (3), two of which were resolved when Audi replaced O2 sensors and the third resolved on its own.

Quick Reply: Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences