AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Rear Washer Fluid Reservoir ?? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/rear-washer-fluid-reservoir-2797304/)

twmcminn 12-29-2010 12:00 PM

Rear Washer Fluid Reservoir ??

Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

I can't seem to locate where the rear washer fluid reservoir is located. Any thoughts?

Reference info: The front one works fine (if they use the same tank); I've searched the owners manual, and it only discusses the front window tank.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist. It's a pain w// all the snow / salt spray w/out the rear washer working.

Cheers,
Tim

njbiker 12-29-2010 12:07 PM

Shame on me that I haven't even popped the hood on my Q5 to see what's under there!:o

Nelson

Jusforfun 12-29-2010 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its the same reservoir.
Ther front jets are heated not the rear so if you are using washer fluid without antifreeze they can block in very cold conditions. Worse the delivery pipe has a connector under the passenger floor, dont keep pumping if its frozen or blocked... pop.

If it is a blocked jet you can reach it by spreading the wiper cover sides gently apart (tryone side at a time) and pop it off. The double jet head is just pressed in like a ball and socket/cup. It doesnt look like it would stand up to too many strip downs.
If you strip it down make sure you give a good squirt out to clear the line while its open.

Of courese all this assumes its the same/similar as Q7
Attachment 79603

fonseca_Q5 12-29-2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by twmcminn (Post 24082153)
Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

I can't seem to locate where the rear washer fluid reservoir is located. Any thoughts?

Reference info: The front one works fine (if they use the same tank); I've searched the owners manual, and it only discusses the front window tank.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist. It's a pain w// all the snow / salt spray w/out the rear washer working.

Cheers,
Tim

I don't think there is a rear tank. It should work off of the front tank.

twmcminn 12-29-2010 02:20 PM

Thanks

Thanks to all who provided prompt advice. I'll check it out in the a.m. on my way to work. Luckily enough, I have a heated garage, so if it was frozen earlier, tommorrow morning's attempts should be productive. - Standy for another update.

Best, Tim

polapatl 01-04-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by twmcminn (Post 24082153)
Hi Fellow Q5'ers,

Cheers,
Tim

Ditto on the q

Reggie 01-05-2011 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by twmcminn (Post 24082227)
Thanks to all who provided prompt advice. I'll check it out in the a.m. on my way to work. Luckily enough, I have a heated garage, so if it was frozen earlier, tommorrow morning's attempts should be productive. - Standy for another update.

Best, Tim

Any updates???

If it was frozen you should get some washer fluid good for -25°F and then run it through the washers till it comes out the rear.

gronk 01-05-2011 08:50 PM

I had this issue where it was almost completely clogged. Thanks to the pics, I carefully pulled off the plastic cover, sprayed both sides of the nozzle piece with compressed air, reassembled, and it's as good as new. Took 5 min and no tools.

Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer.

john1r 08-11-2011 09:40 AM

Sorry to open an old thread, but does anyone know the size of the washer fluid tank (I don't have my manual handy).

Thanks!

audibk 03-13-2013 10:12 AM

Thank You so much for this tip!!! It just saved me a trip to the dealer.

My nozzle was really clogged, I actually had to let it soak in WD40 over night. After that I put it back on and all was good in the universe again.