Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Shipping time range

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping time range

I know the estimated shipping date (03/26) for my new Q5, and I am just trying to estimate when it will actually get to the dealer (and when I can drive it ). Can people who have ordered Audi's please give me an idea of how long it takes from shipment to delivery at dealer?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The boat ride from the port in Germany to the port in Rhode Island is roughly 10 days. They keep the car at the port for about a week to do foreign soil and contaminant removal, and install any items you ordered that would be done there. Once mine was released for transport to the dealership it took about three days to arrive at the dealership. Mine left Germany late evening on the 8th of the month, and I picked it up the 30th of the month. There were numerous delays in the shipment process for the shipment my Q was in. The cars sat at the port in Germany for a week longer than they were suppose to before being loaded on the boat. I know everyone's experience is different, and I hope you're goes faster than mine did.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@UrbanExtant : Thanks for that info. It is very helpful. I actually ordered mine from a dealer in Mass, so I am hoping I will be able to get it in about (10 + 7 + 2) days.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Once it leaves Germany, the variable time is how long it takes to get out of the port and onto a truck headed to your dealer. Mine got stuck in port a few days longer than expected - never got a good reason for that. But the dealer did give me an A4 loaner when it went past the date they had told me Got it a week late.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
Once it leaves Germany, the variable time is how long it takes to get out of the port and onto a truck headed to your dealer. Mine got stuck in port a few days longer than expected - never got a good reason for that. But the dealer did give me an A4 loaner when it went past the date they had told me Got it a week late.
How do you find out the shipping information? Did your dealer supply, or did you have to call elsewhere? I ordered my Prestige in January, and haven't heard one word from my dealer. Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bruflu
How do you find out the shipping information? Did your dealer supply, or did you have to call elsewhere? I ordered my Prestige in January, and haven't heard one word from my dealer. Thanks
I got my shipping date and commission number from my dealer.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I placed an order yesterday and i am estimated to get it around June, maybe July since the dealer wants the model to arrive as a 2012 instead of 2011.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kop_audi
I got my shipping date and commission number from my dealer.
Same here on the shipping date. Don't know what a commission number is - didn't get that from my dealer.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
Same here on the shipping date. Don't know what a commission number is - didn't get that from my dealer.
How soon before receipt did you get the shipping date? I was told 90 days from Jan. 15th, which is mid-April. When should I expect the shipping date? Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bruflu
How soon before receipt did you get the shipping date? I was told 90 days from Jan. 15th, which is mid-April. When should I expect the shipping date? Thanks
When I bought it last year, my salesman told me I'd get it the first weekend of August around mid-June. So that's about 45-50 days before the ETA. Build date of my Q5 was 7/2010, so it looks like as long as they have an allocation and a slot on the production line then they should be able to give a date. This is just my case, so it's possible they could give you a date earlier than this - I pretty much just waited for 2011 pricing to come out and once it did, put my order in.

Quick Reply: Shipping time range