Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Floormats/AC

Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amstrad
Does this mean 35 transmitted light? Is it reflective/silvered?
Its a carbon based film, charcoal in color. The 35 is the amount of light transmitted through the film. I think reflective film is illegal.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 224 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Ran A/C test today...

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska
and I'm a cold lover. With the degrees in the 90's, I constantly need to set the temperature to a warmer setting and lower the fan speed or I start to freeze. I never had to do that on any of my previous Audi's, they needed to be set to max to stay just comfortable. My Q5 is black on black.
Drove one hour on I80 today, outside temperature was 85, humidity 45%, sunny.

When I stopped with car running, I placed my dial thermometer in the center vent, A/C set to LO, fan on 12, recirc on. The vent ouptput air temperature was 38 degrees F. I would say that this A/C is working fine.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like others, I would recommend Audi's rubber floor mats, they are very nicely made. And like others, I'd say not their cargo liner. That I find incredibly slippery, even though it is a perfect fit. Everything in the trunk needs to be tied down, or they will bang around every time you stop and go, and with the slowest turns. It is very annoying. If I had not ordered it with the car, I would have considered this:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-Q5-Qua...rgo/ES2602264/
But since I already have the Audi one, I didn't. (Please note that I have not seen this non-slip pad in person.)

In regards to the AC, (granted I live in Seattle) I find it plenty cold. During the last bout of 90°+ weather, the car cooled right down in less than 5 minutes, after sitting in the sun with the pano roof closed, shade open, for several hours. I have been paying attention to see if there is a need to get the roof tinted, but so far the answer is no, at least not in this locale.

There is, however, a thread here within the last month, in which a few members found that their AC system is not adequately charged, or leaking, or something. Once that is fixed, their AC complaints went away. You may find that interesting. I am unable to find it. Others might be able to help.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ended up getting Audi floor mats and the rear liner (some regret now, but I had already ordered it). I haven't put them in yet, but will tomorrow and see how I like them.

I didn't mean to overstate the AC issue. It gets chilly quickly enough and I put it to its first test in the high 90s in a black on black ride....what did I expect? It was cooler here today and worked nicely. I imagine it will work immaculately when it's in the 80s.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did everyone factory order the all weather mats/liners, or did you buy them afterwards? The factory mats/liners are somewhat different than the ones ordered from Audi accessories.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jcom
2 things:

1) In anticipation of fall and winter weather right around the corner, can anyone recommend any after market brands of rubber floor mats for the Q5/SQ5? Preferably from somewhere like o'reilly, pep boys, etc.

2) Granted, it has been in the 90s here and my SQ5 is black in and out, but even with a reflective visor, my car gets hot. The visor has helped considerably. However, I have been somewhat unimpressed with the AC. Our other car is a Lexus ES 350 and I was driving a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport before the SQ5 arrived. Both of those cars have blasting ACs that get cold very quickly. It takes my SQ5 quite awhile to cool off, making short trips to the store, etc a sweaty endeavor. I'm sure I'll love the opposite effect in the winter, but just wanted some thoughts from others on this.

Side note: I also need to start thinking about a winter set of wheels since I have the 21"s on my ride. I have been lurking on the other threads about this subject.

Otherwise, I'm loving this machine!
We have the audi all weather floor mats and a weather tech trunk liner. We've had the rubber mats since march and had snow, rain and also had some trips down the shore and they all contained the elements.

I am also happy w the AC. We have had 90+ heat waves in jersey and I keep the therm set to 70 or 72 and feel fine. My wife has to turn the fan speed down sometimes or she gets too cold. We have cuvee ext and chestnut interior and ours is garage kept so that makes all the difference. The car seems to cool quickly after sitting in the sun as well, but the leather does get smoking hot if I leave the roof open and run into a store which is to be expected and makes for an alarming realization when my arm hits the center rest.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Did everyone factory order the all weather mats/liners, or did you buy them afterwards? The factory mats/liners are somewhat different than the ones ordered from Audi accessories.
My all weather mats were included by the dealer during the negotiations for the vehicle. They had them on hand so must have been from their parts department.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the factory mats and liner.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the factory mats and liner.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 81Coupe
If I had not ordered it with the car, I would have considered this:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-Q5-Qua...rgo/ES2602264/
But since I already have the Audi one, I didn't. (Please note that I have not seen this non-slip pad in person.)
That's pretty good for under $50, cuz the Audi one is supposedly $185 by itself or $330 included with the all weather floor mats. It sounds like everyone loves the Audi all weather floor mats, do they sell those by themselves?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SQ5 Floormats/AC