Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Strange issue with P2563

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange issue with P2563

Hello everybody,

I have a very strange issue with my Q5 2.0 TDI 2010. Several seconds after the engine start the glow plug lamp start blinking for several seconds (10-30 seconds) and after that it goes off. I have connected the car to computer diagnostic and read the written error it is P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit; range/performance; intermittent. The issue and error do not appear if i press gas pedal up to 1500rpms for a second after the start of engine. I do not see any issues with the power loss of the car or something else. The issue do not appear if i stop a car and start engine in a minute.. for longer period the error and blinking appear again. I think that there is an issue with the vacuum - it loose the vacuum after several minutes after the engine stop. Do you think if i may be right? There is no other error code logged for let say vacuum missing or something else.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 224 Likes on 188 Posts

There is a separate TDI forum on this site.
You also my want to join these TDI sites that cover Audi TDI engines to get better TDI feedback to your question and more info.

TDIClub Forums - Powered by vBulletin

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/

https://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdis...d-Diesel-Forum

And many others...…...
Old 04-03-2021, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikpap
Hello everybody,

I have a very strange issue with my Q5 2.0 TDI 2010. Several seconds after the engine start the glow plug lamp start blinking for several seconds (10-30 seconds) and after that it goes off. I have connected the car to computer diagnostic and read the written error it is P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit; range/performance; intermittent. The issue and error do not appear if i press gas pedal up to 1500rpms for a second after the start of engine. I do not see any issues with the power loss of the car or something else. The issue do not appear if i stop a car and start engine in a minute.. for longer period the error and blinking appear again. I think that there is an issue with the vacuum - it loose the vacuum after several minutes after the engine stop. Do you think if i may be right? There is no other error code logged for let say vacuum missing or something else.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Nikpap,

I’ve got an identical issue to the one you’ve described.. did you ever get to the bottom of this. Thanks in advance... and apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.