Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Streaming Music via Bluetooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering, is the MMI system in the Q5 update-able? Is it done via USB or something?

Originally Posted by stevedusa
As for the chance of our Qs getting an update for the MMI, especially the A2DP part, is very slim.

Audi show cased the new MMI system at CES and well, it's a huge upgrade from what we have in our Qs.

Knowing Audi, they would simply tell you to buy a new car that's equipped with the new MMI.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by playadude
Just wondering, is the MMI system in the Q5 update-able? Is it done via USB or something?
It is. However there are no confirmed reports on how it's done. As for how it's done? Using the SD card, a DVD, even an USB drive attached to the connector.

Audi has to do it for you though.

Also the new nVidia powered Audi Connect is awesome.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks... I use the command "Call" and it recognizes names very well. It just doesn't allow for me to designate "home, mobile, work."

With that huge list, can you believe they don't have the command "preset" for radio?! Ironically, it is a word in the training module. I think they forgot! What a shame.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You might want to try the viseeo WMA3000A. I got mine from viseeousa.com. It allows to stream music via bluetooth with very good sound quality. I am very satisfied with this small device.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by playadude
Believe it or not, I'm comparing a 2012 Honda CRV to the Audio Q5. About $10,000 apart in price.

Obviously, the Q5 blows the Honda away in all aspects, except, bluetooth. The base (LX) CRV blows away the Q5 with Bluetooth. I was driving the CRV (base, LX model) today, listening to all of my music, answering calls, with excellent screen navigation and steering wheel controls.

The Q5 can't stream my iPhone music with bluetooth? Seems crazy to me.

What am I missing?

(Plus, I gotta pay $1,000 for bluetooth connectivity in the Q5?)

come on .... that doesn't seem right.
Not sure what year your Q5 is or how it is equipped.

Ours is. 2015 model w/ Tech pkg, and we can stream music via Bluetooth just fine. I agree that Audi's sound systems are not the easiest, and found that UTube covers this for a Q7 which worked for us.
Wishing you the best of luck
Old 08-06-2017, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sigq5
Not sure what year your Q5 is or how it is equipped.

Ours is. 2015 model w/ Tech pkg, and we can stream music via Bluetooth just fine. I agree that Audi's sound systems are not the easiest, and found that UTube covers this for a Q7 which worked for us.
Wishing you the best of luck
Probably his is a 2012 or older, like mine. There is no Bluetooth streaming on the older models. Bluetooth for phone calls, yes. But no audio streaming.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Music streaming on 2012 and older

After a trip to Audi I found out I can only make phone calls through Bluetooth on my 2011 S5. So I just bought this.
https://audistream2air.com/collectio...da-and-vw-3gen

Anyone know if it works ok?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You don't say what options or what year Q5. I have a 2016, and stream music over bluetooth every day. Not through the cable. My wife lives on Pandora.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trippy64
You don't say what options or what year Q5. I have a 2016, and stream music over bluetooth every day. Not through the cable. My wife lives on Pandora.
2013 was the first year that included Bluetooth audio streaming in the Q5. I believe it required Nav as well, but not certain. My 2012 with Nav does not support BT streaming.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by trippy64

i have a Q5 from 2016. Bluetooth seems to show a pairing option. My iPhone “connects” to it. The whole pairing Jazz happens with number on screen etc. I accept the number. But when I now play Spotify from iPhone and the device is showing as that Bluetooth link I just made, I don’t hear any sound from the speakers. What am I missing?

Im happy with the car but music is an important asset. It’s a part of driving. The inane logic mentioned above about “no distraction” is idiotic — the same car has radio, which is far more distracting with changing of channels etc. Hope my amazing Audi has the most basic ability to play music via Bluetooth!

Many thanks Nk’s for any pointers.

Quick Reply: Streaming Music via Bluetooth Connection