AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Sunroof Delete? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/sunroof-delete-2841278/)

FOUR FLUSHER 01-23-2013 05:13 PM

Sunroof Delete?

Willowdog's post has got me thinking about deleting my sunroof. I'm not a big sunroof fan ie, I never open them up. Seems like the fabric cover lets lots of light in. I'd love to hear some more opinions.

Solomente 01-23-2013 06:17 PM

If you ever plan to sell the car I'd advise against it. The panoramic roof is a thing of beauty, particularly at night. I have the beige interior so the cloth cover is nearly white and it doesn't let in any noticeable amount of light to me. I live in a warm climate too, although admittedly I got the car in December so haven't experienced it in the summer.

Stormie 01-23-2013 06:43 PM

I decided that the fabric cover let in too much light for my liking. I went with the premium trim, so I didn't have to remove it after already paying for it, but it wasn't easy finding my spec without one. I eventually did, and I'm very happy with it. Though I do plan on keeping the car a long time so I didn't take resale into consideration when making my choice.

idale 01-23-2013 06:44 PM

Bad for resale, but if you plan on keeping it long enough for resale to not matter, then it's at least one less thing to worry about if you really don't like sunroofs. Though my wife loved it when we did our test drive, and she's got a Golf with a leaky sunroof and so is pre-biased against them.

abcabc 01-23-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by FOUR FLUSHER (Post 24399147)
Willowdog's post has got me thinking about deleting my sunroof. I'm not a big sunroof fan ie, I never open them up. Seems like the fabric cover lets lots of light in. I'd love to hear some more opinions.

If you get the black headliner it seems to block more of the light than the lighter color headliners. Personally, I love the panoramic sunroof and it's one thing that most people comment on right away. It's not for everyone though. I would still prefer a solid cloth cover than the perforated one. Another option is to get the sunroof glass tinted darker.

doobs41378 01-24-2013 02:50 AM

I like the panoramic sunroof and my 3 year old daughter absolutely loves it. She spends most of her time staring up at the sky or stars....

normp 01-24-2013 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by doobs41378 (Post 24399244)
I like the panoramic sunroof and my 3 year old daughter absolutely loves it. She spends most of her time staring up at the sky or stars....

Rear entertainment system for 3 year olds!

doobs41378 01-24-2013 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by normp (Post 24399248)
Rear entertainment system for 3 year olds!

Would I rather have my daughter looking up at the sky and asking questions or her face glued to a tv watching Monsters Inc.... Not a tough choice if you ask me.

Parsec 01-24-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by doobs41378 (Post 24399429)
Would I rather have my daughter looking up at the sky and asking questions or her face glued to a tv watching Monsters Inc.... Not a tough choice if you ask me.

Honestly I can't tell if you're just being funny or serious. I'd rather have my daughters asking me questions to continue their mental growth. I don't even let them watch more than 1 hr/wk of TV at home. TV destroys the mind and when they grow up they won't be smart enough to make enough money to buy their own Audi :)

doobs41378 01-24-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 24399431)
Honestly I can't tell if you're just being funny or serious. I'd rather have my daughters asking me questions to continue their mental growth. I don't even let them watch more than 1 hr/wk of TV at home. TV destroys the mind and when they grow up they won't be smart enough to make enough money to buy their own Audi :)

I was stating the same thing you said. The only time I ever put a DVD player in the car was when we went on a 10 hour trip to Canada and I was not sure how she was going to do with that.