AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Sunshade for '14 Q5 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/sunshade-14-q5-2875513/)

bboopsf 11-30-2014 07:49 PM

Sunshade for '14 Q5

Hi I just purchased a cpo '14 q5 and wanted to know what sunshades folks are using? Do you just recommend the one from the Audi site? Thanks!

HOiYA 11-30-2014 07:59 PM

I have the rear sun shade on both my CTTS and the wife's TDI. In both cases we hardly use them. We opted to get a quality heat rejection tint to reduce the UV. I recommend a non-metallic based tint (i.e. Ceramic).

HerrK 12-01-2014 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bboopsf (Post 24629690)
Hi I just purchased a cpo '14 q5 and wanted to know what sunshades folks are using? Do you just recommend the one from the Audi site? Thanks!

We bought one of these. I use one in our Z4 as well. They are custom fit per the vehicle and well made.

UVS100 Custom Sunscreens - UV Protection for the Interior

idale 12-02-2014 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by bboopsf (Post 24629690)

I'm using the Audi one, but just because it was free from a friend who traded in their Q5. :D It's decent, but there's a lot of gaps where sun will still get through so it's not ideal. For the same price, I'd get a Covercraft (as mentioned) or I've done HeatShield custom shades before. I'll likely upgrade at some point, it's just not been urgent since I've at least got something.

BlackAce 12-02-2014 06:42 AM

Are you talking about the shades on the rear side windows, or the front/rear ones you fold up when not in use?

abcabc 12-04-2014 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by HerrK (Post 24630052)
We bought one of these. I use one in our Z4 as well. They are custom fit per the vehicle and well made.

UVS100 Custom Sunscreens - UV Protection for the Interior

I use the same one and it's great. It fits perfectly and does the job well. It's bulky, though. It can be a pain when loading the car with people. It usually has to go to the hatch.

idale 12-04-2014 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by abcabc (Post 24630980)
I use the same one and it's great. It fits perfectly and does the job well. It's bulky, though. It can be a pain when loading the car with people. It usually has to go to the hatch.

That sucks, I store my Audi one on the left side of the passenger footwell (the end sits in between the passenger seat and the center console, to keep it from getting in the way). I'd been hoping to be able to do something similar with the Covercraft (or HeatShield), since it's convenient to grab and I can't use the rear footwells anymore like I did in my Passat since the kids need the footwells clear to climb in.

(Obviously if you normally don't have someone in the passenger seat then you can use the seat/footwell to hold whatever, I just like not having to worry about moving things around. :) )

bboopsf 12-08-2014 10:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll look into the cover craft one. It seems similar to the one we have for my husbands bimmer.

Blacksce for the rear shade what do recommend? I do have a 4 yr old in the back and I've thought about redoing the tint in the rear to be darker.