Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ThunderDent Q5 (Ibis/Cinny) OEM+ **build thread**

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I guess I could've just searched. I found your other thread and link to the details.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that mod on a German site I believe Spijun had found.

Not sure if it does anything or not unless you have the Prestige/cornering headlamps. It may though. I added it in the system, and it accepted the coding. Our headlamps may do it (as they are self-leveling) but regardless, if it does work, it's a really good mod to have.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Possibly the most anticipated thread (and subsequent photo shoot) on the forums. Great work Joel, it's been a long road of mods! Ps thanks for the shoutout I do what I can haha
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread is going to be awesome. You go Joel!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here are the new calipers (post-paint & logos) ...

Monday the Q goes in for 2 days for the final parts install. I can hardly wait!

Last edited by ThunderDent; 01-16-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
I found that mod on a German site I believe Spijun had found.

Not sure if it does anything or not unless you have the Prestige/cornering headlamps. It may though. I added it in the system, and it accepted the coding. Our headlamps may do it (as they are self-leveling) but regardless, if it does work, it's a really good mod to have.
It will do something. Notice, there is no high-beam bulb in the headlights? It uses the self-levelling feature to adjust the headlights up so the cut-off is a lot higher than it would be if the low beams are on. If you have your car up against a wall when you first turn your headlights on (and its dark of course - hard to see in daylight) you should be able to actually see your headlight "zero" themselves out - i.e the cut-off line will move vertically. (at least Lexus does it this way, haven't checked my Audi as it has no headlights in it atm )
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Telate
It will do something. Notice, there is no high-beam bulb in the headlights? It uses the self-levelling feature to adjust the headlights up so the cut-off is a lot higher than it would be if the low beams are on. If you have your car up against a wall when you first turn your headlights on (and its dark of course - hard to see in daylight) you should be able to actually see your headlight "zero" themselves out - i.e the cut-off line will move vertically. (at least Lexus does it this way, haven't checked my Audi as it has no headlights in it atm )
They do self level every time you start up the car.

That's why you can lower and not worry about repositioning them.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will be one sweet ride after you have it all done. looking towards to all the pictures!..

I am new to VAG-COM and how to upgrade the software.. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? I know it can be purchased but is there a place that can do this?

some of these options are nice to set instead of default

-----------------------------------------------
*Enabled Gauge/Needle Sweep on start-up
*Enabled Lap Timer
*Set fog-lights to work with high-beams as well as low-beams
*Set the Drive "D" and Sport "S" mode to display gears (D1-D8, S1-S8)
*Removed seat belt chime on start-up
*Set-up the Key FOB to open/close Windows/Sunroof from the remote (convenience windows).
*Disabled rear window wipe on reverse
*Enabled the Interior Ambiance Lighting in the MMI menu
*Disabled LED “wink” with turn signal
*Disabled Amber side markers
*Set [Front LED, and LED Tail lights] as daytime running lights
*Set Bi-Xenon headlights to “Motorway Mode” which activates the low-beams to focus further down the road over 70+ mph, without distracting oncoming interstate traffic
*Enabled Video-in Motion (VIM) lets the MMI display play movies while the car is moving
*Enabled Audi Drive Select (ADS). Can set the functionality of the vehicle in the MMI, by changing the Steering and Gearbox between (COMFORT, AUTO, DYNAMIC)
* Set MMI Splash Screen to display “[]RS” logo
*Set LED’s a 100% brightness, and set LED’s to NOT dim with headlights or turn signal
*Removed open door chime
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's really worth it to buy the cable. You'll do more with it than you think, and will want it at times you'll wish you had bought it.

There are bunches of sites to pull items from. Research it well before trying (esp getting into he hidden menu).

You can use that list as a starting place if you like.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is it possible to reset the service reminder with the cable? That's the one thing I'm sort of worried about - I really don't want to have to go to the dealer to get them to reset it as I will doing all maintenance myself.

Quick Reply: ThunderDent Q5 (Ibis/Cinny) OEM+ **build thread**