Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ThunderDent Q5 (Ibis/Cinny) OEM+ **build thread**

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the dumb questions, if this is already posted a sticky somewhere. But what is the story with all these custom settings? Are these changes one can do right within the MMI computer?

Is there a DIY / FAQ thread somewhere about this stuff?

We have our 3.0T now, so time to explore.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dropped off the Q this morning.

Went over everything with the head Audi Tech Justin, who took some time to go through everything and make sure we're going to get it perfect.

He is putting on:

STaSIS exhaust w/ Downpipe, HFC, Turbo Inlet hose, Coilovers, Rotors, Front Brembo calipers, new brake pads all 4 corners, spacers, rear sway bar, front upper control arms, and front & rear sway bar end links.

He was excited for the build. He has worked racing pit crews before and dealt a lot with adjustable suspensions. He told me that last week Audi flew him up to Detroit for the auto show, and he was looking at the SQ5. He was talking to some people about it, and started talking to them about my build. He said that he'd already gotten to drive it, because mine put out the power it did with a 2.0T!

I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, as soon as I get it back I'll take some pics. I went over what I was looking for with the wheel arch gaps and spacing. So if the spacers are too much or too little we may adjust.

After a couple of weeks of spring settle we'll be doing an alignment. They are currently putting in the brand new Audi alignment machine in the service shop, so hopefully it will be up and running before we get that done.

I'm in an 2013 A4 loaner until then. Updates to follow!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I almost forgot, if anyone is in the market for an S4, the one sitting at Bert Wolfe has been reduced.

It's a 2012, Ibis White/Black leather/alcantara/Sport interior/Titanium Pkg/6-MT/RS5 titanium rims. It's a sweet ride, I'd love to have it.
It's been reduced down to $51K, but I bet you could get a better deal. It's been sitting there a while.

They have a sweet 2013 Estoril Blue S5 with Peeler rims and 6-MT there too. Loving it as well.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hit a little speed bump in the build.

It may be a couple extra days before it gets done. Apparently one of the heat shields I ordered was the incorrect part. I ordered the correct part, and it had the correct part number on the package, but was the wrong item. So they've ordered another one. So this does confirm that the old heat shields will not fit the new brembo brakes.

Also, my STaSIS sway bar was suppose to come with bushings, and it didn't, so we're waiting on STaSIS to send them. I didn't think about it, but it makes sense as the new sway bar is much thicker.

More to come ...
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear that... hopefully the parts get here soon... really want to start seeing pictures and hearing the sounds
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ugh I can't wait, any more teasers you could give us?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
Ugh I can't wait, any more teasers you could give us?
Well, they gave me an R8 loaner, but I didn't figure anyone would want to see any pics of it.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Haha R8 2.0T A4 package right?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
Haha R8 2.0T A4 package right?
That's the one!

It's even got this really cool radio called "concert" ......
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Which o2 sensor spacer did you go with for the HFC or are you choosing the rear o2 sensor disable via APR?

Been contemplating an HFC for years but have always held back due to potential emissions issues with the sensor.

Quick Reply: ThunderDent Q5 (Ibis/Cinny) OEM+ **build thread**