Turn off automatic rear wiper when in reverse? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q5 > Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
Reload this Page > Turn off automatic rear wiper when in reverse?
Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Turn off automatic rear wiper when in reverse?

Reply

 
 
Old 10-22-2016, 10:31 AM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
Default Turn off automatic rear wiper when in reverse?

I was looking for a coding to disable the annoying rear wiper when car is in reverse with front wipers on. I never use the rear window and dont need that noisy wiper to bother me every time it rains while I'm trying to back up in my garage. I searched this forum and someone have mentioned that this is possible, but never mentioned what exactly need changed.
anking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:48 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,117
Default

Here:
Disable automatic rear window wipper while reversing
AudiEnthusiasts Vag Com
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:50 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: US PA
Posts: 4,875
Default

Originally Posted by anking View Post
I was looking for a coding to disable the annoying rear wiper when car is in reverse with front wipers on. I never use the rear window and dont need that noisy wiper to bother me every time it rains while I'm trying to back up in my garage. I searched this forum and someone have mentioned that this is possible, but never mentioned what exactly need changed.
You need to either purchase a Ross-Tech VCDS unit for a few hundred dollars are find someone with one to do it for you.

This coding should work...........

09 Cent. Elect
[Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 19 change 1 to 0
Bob Petruska is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:51 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Default

Does anyone have the procedure to carry this out using the OBDeleven device?
rbreeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
shokhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 383
Default

Originally Posted by Bob Petruska View Post
You need to either purchase a Ross-Tech VCDS unit for a few hundred dollars are find someone with one to do it for you.

This coding should work...........

09 Cent. Elect
[Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 19 change 1 to 0

Xtool Vag401 Live Data OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for Vw Audi Seat Skoda Vehicles - Black Xtool Vag401 Live Data OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for Vw Audi Seat Skoda Vehicles - Black

This?
shokhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:39 PM
  #6
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 3,117
Default

No, this is a junk
You need it VCDS

PS: Why big letters, maybe you're advertising
spijun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:44 PM
  #7
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 121
Default

^ Interesting, thanks. But I was asking about the OBDeleven device, not Xtool Vag401 or Ross-Tech VCDS !!
I have an OBDeleven device, with associated App on my smartphone.
rbreeze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:42 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Member
 
shokhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 383
Default

Originally Posted by spijun View Post
No, this is a junk
You need it VCDS

PS: Why big letters, maybe you're advertising
Copy and paste=whatever happens.
shokhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:50 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Member
 
Warhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ON-Canada
Posts: 177
Default

Couldn't you just turn off your auto wiper blades (for the windshield) and the rear blade will stay off when you put the car in reverse.
Warhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:42 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DennisMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 1,930
Default

Originally Posted by Warhead
Couldn't you just turn off your auto wiper blades (for the windshield) and the rear blade will stay off when you put the car in reverse.
+1. I believe this is correct. Don't leave front wipers in auto mode and rear will not engage.
DennisMitchell is online now  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: