Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VCDS questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VCDS questions

Hi All - I have a random question about the VCDS tweaks. I have made some changes, the normal ones everyone does. Love them all so far. But for some reason the roll the windows up and down via the remote only works on my remote. I did do the changes with my remote in the car, but did check the settings using the wife's remote and the option to roll the windows up and down shows as active.
Am i missing something? Any suggestions or reason why it is only working on one remote?

thanks for any insight.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hookooehoo
Hi All - I have a random question about the VCDS tweaks. I have made some changes, the normal ones everyone does. Love them all so far. But for some reason the roll the windows up and down via the remote only works on my remote. I did do the changes with my remote in the car, but did check the settings using the wife's remote and the option to roll the windows up and down shows as active.
Am i missing something? Any suggestions or reason why it is only working on one remote?

thanks for any insight.
if holding down the unlock button does not work. go to the MMI car setup. There should be a window option for the control.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
if holding down the unlock button does not work. go to the MMI car setup. There should be a window option for the control.
Thanks! That was the one thing i didnt even think of to check! She works now! I did that when i set it up with my key, i just figured it would be for the 'system' not based on what key is being used.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hookooehoo
Thanks! That was the one thing i didnt even think of to check! She works now! I did that when i set it up with my key, i just figured it would be for the 'system' not based on what key is being used.
NP. I ran into the same thing too lol