Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What does Audi Connect provide?

Old 02-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaBlue
I can't send destinations from google maps to my car. When I do as stated in the Audi Connect site all I get is a blank screen when using the "google.com/maps/sendtocar" link. Are you using a different link?
The link doesn't work. I went to google maps, searched for a location, when the location comes up click on the more button or the little drop down arrow and click send. You'll get the option to send via email or send to car. Type in your my Audi login and click the box that saves the info. Then send it. It will show up in your previous destinations on my Audi once you refresh
Old 02-08-2014, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Did you set up an account, VIN and email address on myAudiusa.com? If not, you need to do that before you can use Google "send to car" which uses your email address from myAudiusa.com.

http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/11...Resolution.pdf

Last edited by snagitseven; 02-08-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the proper approach would be to integrate smartphone OS into the MMI, sort of piggyback the MMI onto the phone so that all of your phone's features and data would be accessible through car's controls and displayed on the screen. That way, the system would use your phone's data plan and because it's easier to upgrade your OS or phone, the system wouldn't be obsolete as quickly as it now is. The manufacturer's proprietary systems will always lag behind android or iOS, but even though this solution would greatly benefit the consumer, people might be less likely to upgrade to the latest models, thus less profit for the auto manufacturers.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
The link doesn't work. I went to google maps, searched for a location, when the location comes up click on the more button or the little drop down arrow and click send. You'll get the option to send via email or send to car. Type in your my Audi login and click the box that saves the info. Then send it. It will show up in your previous destinations on my Audi once you refresh
I gave your suggestion a try but didn't get the "more" pull down menu anywhere on the map. I tried going back to the old version of google maps and did get the "more" menu. I guess Audi isn't supported on the new version. So much for the Audi Google collaboration. Thanks for the help osideaudi.

Last edited by SeaBlue; 02-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1
Old 02-10-2014, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It's not an Audi issue..it's a Google map issue. None of the Send to Car features for any brand are working yet on the new Google Map. Google keeps saying they're working on it for some time now.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a Send To Car app that works on Android devices - There is also one for IOS. It works like a charm. With this method I click on "Share" vs. "More".

When I send to car using my PC laptop I guess I'm using Google Classic maps, but not sure. Here I click on "More" as usual and that works well too.

Last edited by Q5 Bob; 02-10-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's not an Audi issue..it's a Google map issue. None of the Send to Car features for any brand are working yet on the new Google Map. Google keeps saying they're working on it for some time now.
It works but its very inconsistent. I've gotten the addresses to load once on my car's nav. For that reason I'm not going to renew since I dont feel the updated google maps is worth 15$ a month. But to each his own.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I found a Send To Car app that works on Android devices - There is also one for IOS.
And the app is called???????
Old 02-15-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
And the app is called???????
It is called "Send To Car". I did a search and found it.

Here it is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.sendtocar

Last edited by Q5 Bob; 02-15-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What does Audi Connect provide?