Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What's my Q5 trade in worth right now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's my Q5 trade in worth right now...

I've done the KBB route, but would like to see if there's anyone on the forum who is in the Auto sales industry? If so can you please tell me what I would get if I traded in my Q.

2011 Q5 PP White Ext/Black int
22,000 miles
Nav, B&O and weather mats.

Excellent condition no accidents.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Terlonz

Received 271 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrad6
I've done the KBB route, but would like to see if there's anyone on the forum who is in the Auto sales industry? If so can you please tell me what I would get if I traded in my Q.

2011 Q5 PP White Ext/Black int
22,000 miles
Nav, B&O and weather mats.

Excellent condition no accidents.
I sent the info to a dealer friend. He said "about $33K". I have no idea if he is low-balling, but my guess is that he probably is. His comment was +1 for Nav, B&O, but not thrilled with the miles. knowing him, he'd assume perfect condition including new or near-new tires. I can get more concrete figure if you're interested in PMing me the details.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mtberman
I sent the info to a dealer friend. He said "about $33K". I have no idea if he is low-balling, but my guess is that he probably is. His comment was +1 for Nav, B&O, but not thrilled with the miles. knowing him, he'd assume perfect condition including new or near-new tires. I can get more concrete figure if you're interested in PMing me the details.
There's no mention of whether it's a 2.0T or 3.2. That would make a few hundred difference...
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Trade-in value can vary greatly, and depends on everything from location to what you're trading on. Many dealers use the Manheim auction pricing as a guideline, and consumers don't have access to that information. Check the AutoTrader online marketplace. You'll get a guaranteed trade-in offer from any participating dealer in your area. Use that as a starting point for negotiations.

https://tradein.autotrader.com/ATPag...NX=TIMATCHPLGO
Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Carmax. Anything above that is a bonus, IMO.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my 2009 3.2 premium plus with 24,700 in great condition got me $28,500
Old 01-08-2012, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
There's no mention of whether it's a 2.0T or 3.2. That would make a few hundred difference...
2.0T

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Trade-in value can vary greatly, and depends on everything from location to what you're trading on. Many dealers use the Manheim auction pricing as a guideline, and consumers don't have access to that information. Check the AutoTrader online marketplace. You'll get a guaranteed trade-in offer from any participating dealer in your area. Use that as a starting point for negotiations.

https://tradein.autotrader.com/ATPag...NX=TIMATCHPLGO
I don't want to post or put my vin up anywhere for now and AT only gives you a choice of a handful of makes. Unfortunately Audi is not one of them. :-(

Last edited by Shrad6; 01-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrad6
I don't want to post or put my vin up anywhere for now and AT only gives you a choice of a handful of makes. Unfortunately Audi is not one of them. :-(
The VIN is optional, so that's not a problem. But I see you're right about the makes . . . there's only a handful of 2011's listed. It looks like they're all there for 2010. Maybe not enough sales history yet on 2011's? Strange.

I used AutoTrader's service myself when we purchased our Q5. Two dealers offered to buy our '03 Murano outright, one of which offered more than the guaranteed trade. Our Audi dealer really wanted our car, so they sweetened the offer.

Sorry it wasn't helpful to you. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Terlonz

Received 271 Likes on 183 Posts

Online trade programs like AT begin with book value. Unfortunately this vehicle doesn't have a clear book value established yet. At best, the AT trade service will refer you to a dealer that wants the car, which is a good start.

I'm familiar with the industry, and it's my opinion that you can't get this info without either getting a bid from someone in the business (as I did) or taking it to dealers who are ready to buy. They will need the VIN.

Dealers will pay what they say they'll pay if you offer them a car. They're not usually interested in talking about it for any length of time or negotiating. It's a lot of money to you & me, but to them it's just another car.

When I wanted to sell My 2011 Audi, it was in as-new condition. I called three Audi dealers and gave each used car manager the info, including the VIN. A couple of them had to call me back, but I had three firm bids for the car within 24 hours. And they were all within $1000 of each other.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well MTBERMAN looks like your source was giving you a very good offer with 33k. I received the most disturbing news today. A honda dealership came back with 30K and said there's only 2 comps out there for a 2011. Both of them have been on the west coast and in the 30k range. A "used car dealership" came back with mother freakin 28K!!!! Really a mofoing third of the cost in a year??????

I know that the first year your value takes a big hit, but this is ridiculous. That's over 15K lost in the first year. Sorry for my rant, but I'm pist I'm going to loose so much in so little time. While I absolutely love my Q and Audi in general, I wish I would have never bought it.

If you know someone who is looking at a Q5 let them know I took the hit for them.

Quick Reply: What's my Q5 trade in worth right now...