Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any ACNA member can help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ACNA member can help?

Hello Folks,

I am so happy to join the AudiWolrd and be part of the big family.

I plan to get a 15 SQ5 recently and learnt I can get 6% off MSRP only if I have been a member of ACNA for over 6 months.

But my situation doesn't allow me to wait that long. The solution to this is someone with a membership add me as an associate member, so I can get the discount without waiting for 6 months.

Is there anyone can help me out? I really appreciate it.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gl0dt
Hello Folks,

I am so happy to join the AudiWolrd and be part of the big family.

I plan to get a 15 SQ5 recently and learnt I can get 6% off MSRP only if I have been a member of ACNA for over 6 months.

But my situation doesn't allow me to wait that long. The solution to this is someone with a membership add me as an associate member, so I can get the discount without waiting for 6 months.

Is there anyone can help me out? I really appreciate it.
You can buy a lifetime membership and avoid the waiting period. That's what I'm going to do.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by scottphillip
You can buy a lifetime membership and avoid the waiting period. That's what I'm going to do.
Yes, some members on this forum said that before. I just called ACNA to make sure this is really gonna work, a guy named Dan answered my call and told me lifetime won't waive the 6 months waiting period.

So you might want to double check on that before buying the lifetime membership
Old 07-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 6%

Getting the 6% without being a member for 6months can be done at the dealer; getting the 6% without even being a member at all can also be done at the deal. If one won't play, another one will. YMMY but several people have been able to get this done in the last 6 months and I am one of those several. Put your foot down and if you have to show initiative, just buy the $50 membership to get your foot in the door.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just tell your dealer he can close the deal now for 6% off MSRP, or wait 6 months and close the deal for 6% off MSRP. His choice...
Old 07-31-2014, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gl0dt
Yes, some members on this forum said that before. I just called ACNA to make sure this is really gonna work, a guy named Dan answered my call and told me lifetime won't waive the 6 months waiting period.

So you might want to double check on that before buying the lifetime membership
I talked to Dan today about it as well and they'll send out the form a few days before your 6 months anniversary. I didn't specifically ask about the lifetime membership wait period since I have a 3 year though, may go lifetime when I re-up.

Originally Posted by Sugadaddy
Just tell your dealer he can close the deal now for 6% off MSRP, or wait 6 months and close the deal for 6% off MSRP. His choice...
They get reimbursed 2% back from Audi with the supplier form, so it's really 6% now or 4% in 6 months.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I did not join ACNA I still got almost 10% off MSRP, may it was a bad day for the dealer :-)
Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

GI-
I'm not sure but I think the Costco price is almost the same. You can join Costco for $45? for the year and get a dealer referral immediately. That may not be the local dealer you want to use, but anyone else would be a fool not to match the price.

(Does anyone know the price comparison for sure?)
Old 08-01-2014, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Redd
GI-
I'm not sure but I think the Costco price is almost the same. You can join Costco for $45? for the year and get a dealer referral immediately. That may not be the local dealer you want to use, but anyone else would be a fool not to match the price.

(Does anyone know the price comparison for sure?)
Costco Price was about 3-4% off IIRC. I checked back in Feb. and one of the problems was finding an Audi Costco dealer, most of them seemed to be in Florida. Ended up calling Costco Auto and getting them to list all of them so I could figure out the closest one to contact one to get a price.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Costco

From my understanding costco's closest dealer in California was in Colorado. I was disappointed. I'm hoping to choose between a new 2014 premium plus or certified pre-owned 2014 TDI within the next 2 weeks. Dealers in CA seem to not be that easy to work with as maybe customers we are a dime a dozen.