Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Where can i purchase front license plate bracket??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomb01
Just picked up my SQ5 a month ago, one that the dealer ordered without the front plate bracket. They just got my plates in, and will be mounting them on Monday, and they said: "No problem, we just drill holes in the filler and mount the plate on it". Here in Texas the front plate is required, but they only just started fining people without them (before last month they just issued a warning).
My response would be "HELL NO!"

Get the proper part. I bought my rs4 on CPO from a dealer in California where front plate isn't required. I live in Oregon where it is. Even that dealer (who has a poor reputation in general) ordered the plate section at no charge. Anything less than the actual part seems like you are letting the dealer win.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually California does require a front plate. Dealers will swap cars with another dealer at port or before port so a dealer in a state the requires a front plate could receive a car that was destined for a state without a front plate. The first Q5 I had on order was a swap at the port. My Salesman told me this and also told me they would swap it out for the blank filler plate at no charge. I think your dealer owes you a front bracket.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

The front license plate holder filler is no charge (see the order guide) when the vehicle is ordered from factory. I am sure the dealer can get it for no cost because some dealers deliver cars to multiple states, with some that require and some don't. Yes, the filler should have a cost when it is replaced due to damage, but for a new car delivery, it was paid for in the invoice price the dealer paid.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I'll have to check when the Q is home, but I think on ours they just drilled the filler - Not 100% sure though. Front plates are required here in IL.
Update: There is a bracket for the front plate. I'm so used to having a plate on the front, that I hadn't checked.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TonySCV
That's the part # for the SQ5 - the regular Q5 has a different part (which spijun provided me details on, so credit to spijun where credit is due

Make sure you get the right color ordered (stone grey or black glossy)

The SQ5 has a more traditional plastic rectangular frame that they simply bolt on by screwing through the grille. The Q5 has a different bracket altogether because it's got parking sensors integrated within the grille that the SQ5 does not have (the SQ5's parking sensors are mounted very low on the front fascia).

Definitely get your dealer to do the swap because the part is quite expensive. The front license plate bracket for the SQ5 retails for almost $400.00US (which is outrageous, but that's for another thread .
Thanks.

do you know which one is exactly for 2.0T non S Line package? because one that you highlighted is for 6 cylinder. Or does it work all the same?

I went to dealer and asked me for 300$ so i just want to see which one is the right now... also would it be possible to have glossy black instead of stone gray?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterj34
Thanks.

do you know which one is exactly for 2.0T non S Line package? because one that you highlighted is for 6 cylinder. Or does it work all the same?

I went to dealer and asked me for 300$ so i just want to see which one is the right now... also would it be possible to have glossy black instead of stone gray?

Thanks
Your dealer has the program this screen shot was taken from, and they will ensure you get the right part for your exact model. You can always insist on glossy black if you really want it and they can confirm the part is compatible with your vehicle.

$300 sounds right. That's roughly the going retail rate from dealer parts inventory for new brackets.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm in the opposite situation. I live in Delaware, we don't do front plates but bought my 2015 Q5 in NJ which does. They gave me the front plate set up and it will cost $480 to get the non plate panel.... anyone want to swap?
Old 09-15-2015, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by delawareguy
I'm in the opposite situation. I live in Delaware, we don't do front plates but bought my 2015 Q5 in NJ which does. They gave me the front plate set up and it will cost $480 to get the non plate panel.... anyone want to swap?
I am sure someone will want this swap. You should post in the classified area.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I have a 2015 Audi Q5 with no front bracket

I have recently moved to Texas and now need a front license plate holder for my 2015 Q5. By chance what color is your Audi? Mine is a lava grey. Does the color even matter where are they all just black? I guess I don't really know. But I would be totally interested in a swap!

Originally Posted by delawareguy
Old 11-11-2015, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the front license plate and would like to swap. Must have front sensors