Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

FYI, complementary no charge oil changes are already available for Gen1 ( pre 2013 Q7) owners. Verified at two different dealers today.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skl1
It will be interesting to see posts here the night of July 5. Seems like a lot of us are going to the dealer that day...
Don't know if I need to take the title with me for that appt. I change my own oil and filter and just did a month ago so really don't want them screwing with it- it will just take more time! Suppose they can fill the DEF tank though if they want.

I've changed a few things with my VAG-COM so I don't want them hooking it up to their computers this time around!!
What is happening on July 5? Just a lot of people going to the dealership? Anything with the courts, etc?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SJGQ5
What is happening on July 5? Just a lot of people going to the dealership?
yes
Old 06-20-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
FYI, complementary no charge oil changes are already available for Gen1 ( pre 2013 Q7) owners. Verified at two different dealers today.
Do you know what the process is to receive one?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ7s
Do you know what the process is to receive one?
Apparently you just ask for it. I was about to do a service on one for a friend in North Alabama. While picking up the filter and oil and adblue, I asked The Service Advisor at Audi Birmingham when they would begin offering the complementary services. He told me they could do it now. I called my friend and he checked with his dealer, Audi Huntsville and he called me back and said that they were willing to do his now too.I returned the oil, filter and adblue and saved him $100. and me a couple of hours of work.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

So I seem to have the claims people stumped with my issue, which has to be pretty common.

2014 TDI lease, maturity and turn in date 28 JUN 2017. Earliest Appt avail is July 5th, after my turn in date. Obviously requirement is to show up with the car, but when I called the claims helpline and asked what to do in this case, they have no clue

I am assuming I get some piece of paper proving I returned the leased vehicle and perhaps bring that with me. I will just have to call back later and have to likely speak with someone higher up in the claims helpdesk.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone know yet what paperwork etc. we need to bring for the appointment? Asked me SA, she she heard the claims portal should be updated in 24-48 hours, but that was last week. I'm assuming just ID and vehicle registration, asked her to let me know if she hears otherwise.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

MCRN-
You might try calling them back and explaining that their policy, their schedule, is precluding you from being treated as the court order says. If you had to notify the court, that's the kind of thing where the judge sits down with the AoA attorney and says "Counselor, do I need to ask you to remind your client of the penalties for non-compliance with the settlement terms?"
Someone at Audi can bump your date up. And if they have any brains, they'll arrange to do it at the same time that you're returning your car. (You might suggest that, since brains are so hard to find these days. Ask any zombie how hard it is.)
No big deal, if they can't figure it out, somewhere in the settlement papers there's an email address and a phone number, right? That's on them if they can't make it right.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:57 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default beating a dead horse

Originally Posted by Lance Young
Has anyone brought in their car for the 1st portion of the Restitution Payment? I'm sending my paperwork in this week and was wanting some feedback as to whether it is necessary (or even just recommended) that I re-flash my Q7 back to stock? It currently has the APR Tune, but a friend of mine flashed it and said that he would be happy to flash it back and then re-flash it with the tune AFTER I had taken it in to Audi if need-be.
fyi...Flash, reflash to stock can be 'seen' by obd at the dealer and it's a flag named TD1, a code famous on many boards going way back and indicates the cpu has been compromised in some way. You may recognize the code. .02
Old 06-24-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhumph88
Does anyone know yet what paperwork etc. we need to bring for the appointment? Asked me SA, she she heard the claims portal should be updated in 24-48 hours, but that was last week. I'm assuming just ID and vehicle registration, asked her to let me know if she hears otherwise.
The checklist I was given states:

Government issued Photo ID for each listed owner
Transferable Title (If you have a lienholder, you don't need to bring this)
All keys and key FOBs
Notarized power of attorney for titleholders (if they can't show up)
Certified Check (If you owe money after buyback..)
and the Vehicle that matches the VIN associated with the claim

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs