Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Stop the press.

Half of my Bosch money (i.e. $750) showed up today! Gen 2 Q7.
Same, except it was $375. I would buy a car from the world's most conscientious prior owner........
Old 09-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Warranty

On the upside, the bridge warranty is legit. I have 63k miles on my 2014, so completely out of the original warranty, and I had a blower motor replaced, armrest trim fixed, and a headliner rattle fixed last week, all covered by the bridge warranty.

If you have a gen 2 and it's out of warranty, go get anything repaired before the fix is approved.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JTDI
Same, except it was $375. I would buy a car from the world's most conscientious prior owner........
Probably recouped that $375 in other ways though. Unless it's just he's a skinflint.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my 1/2 payment from Bosch- and yes, it says nothing about it being half of the settlement amount... gonna deposit right now.

(and though I love our Q5, can't wait for this whole mess to be over with so I can get a S5 sportback!)
Old 09-22-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bosch Update

Nothing but crickets from Bosch Settlement people.
I was promised a response by today, and nothing.

If I hear something, I will post.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Loafer123
Nothing but crickets from Bosch Settlement people.
I was promised a response by today, and nothing.

If I hear something, I will post.

I am hearing the same crickets.....response past due....
Old 09-23-2017, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

(Editorial aside. I’m not sure why the Bosch payment is an issue of so much mystery and suspicion. Clearly, it has been based on a half now, half later schedule. Is anyone actually worried that Bosch would be able to trick the entire settlement class?)

This was posted on Club Touareg:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your correspondence.

There are a couple of reasons why you may have received a partial or split payment in the Bosch Settlement.

One reason is that your Eligible Vehicle claimed in the VW Settlement or Bosch Settlement is a Generation 3 2.0-liter vehicle and is currently in the two-part Approved Emissions Modifications (AEM) process. If you completed the first part of this process, you are eligible for 2/3rds of your allocation in the VW Settlements and 2/3rds of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement. You will receive the remaining third of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement shortly after you receive the 1/3rd supplemental payment in the VW Settlements.

Additionally, there is a 3.0-liter AEM (or ECR) that has not yet been approved on Generation 2 vehicles. If you were determined eligible in the VW Settlement, you would receive a “Participation Payment” that amounts to roughly half of your overall VW restitution. Likewise, your payment in the Bosch Settlement was roughly half of your automatic payment to mirror to that process in the VW Settlements.

Another reason why you may have received a split payment is because any Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive half payment of their total Eligible Bosch Settlement payment when their approved claims in the VW Settlement or in the Bosch Settlement have been identified eligible for payment in the Bosch Settlement. The Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive their Supplemental Payment at the end of the claims period (April 30, 2020), if no Former Owner or Former Lessee has perfected their claim for the Eligible Vehicle, at that time.

Current Owners who purchased on or before 9/18/15, will be paid their full allocation (not withstanding cases of AEM partial payment). In cases where there is a Former Owner/Lessee who has filed for the Eligible Vehicle claimed, the Current Owner will be paid half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment at the time their VW Settlement Claim or Bosch Settlement Claim has been identified as eligible for additional compensation in the Bosch Settlement.

The Current Owner will receive the other half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment if and when the Former Owner’s claim is withdrawn/cancelled in the VW Settlement (if determined that it is not possible to have a Former Owner for the Eligible Vehicle on the claim).

Regards,

William M.
Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator
Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

On the upside, the bridge warranty is legit. I have 63k miles on my 2014, so completely out of the original warranty, and I had a blower motor replaced, armrest trim fixed, and a headliner rattle fixed last week, all covered by the bridge warranty.

If you have a gen 2 and it's out of warranty, go get anything repaired before the fix is approved.
Good to hear JTDI. Still hoping my tranny and/or cooling system blow up under this warranty, mainly so VAG can get burned by their own BS "lifetime" transmission fluid and coolant policy.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good for you and I can attest that the bridge warranty is legit. I just got my 2015 Q5 back from the dealer, 66k miles (I do a LOT of driving), had a some kind of glow plug or valve go bad that required a tear down of the engine w/ valve and fuel pump replacements that was completely covered by the warranty. It took a week and a half to fix as the sensors were going haywire and they had to consult with Audi for further guidance.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greystoke
Good deal. How about a little more info...

Bought for and date
Got back and miles used

I'm curious how good it can be for some buybacks. Understand if you don't want to share.

I haven't been on here much lately. Have you found a replacement and if so what is it?

Grey
Grey,

No problem.

I purchased my Q7 with 66,000 miles for $40,000 in December 2014.

Returned with 105,000 miles a few weeks ago for $45,898.

Now I'm just waiting for my Bosch settlement. Seemed like a no brainer.

I am pretty happy with my 2013 S6 I purchased from a guy in CA a few months ago. Even took her drag racing a couple days ago.

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs