Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Old 11-10-2017, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, there is a fix for the G2 3.0 ?
I called the dealership, it seems they are still not ready???
Old 11-10-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
SJGQ5 make it clear to whoever you're talking to that you're talking an AWD Dyno.Not all that common although depends where you live. I see that you have a beaver in your sig.You do realize that's Canada's national rodent eh!
Your dyno results will be of great interest to many of us and will serve as a useful benchmark as this whole thing moves forward.
Yeah I specifically mentioned Audi/Quattro. It's tuner shop and they handle Subaru's so I think they can handle an Audi. Again, assuming Audi has a 'fix' for the Q5 , which according to other posts may be more tricky for the engineers to pull off considering the mpg of the lighter vehicles

https://preracing.com/installation-s...s/dyno-tuning/

Last edited by SJGQ5; 11-10-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

“Hope springs eternal,” but I have rarely seen a group so determined to keep hope alive, so eager to supply any reasoning whatever that jumps to mind, in spite of all evidence and assurance to the contrary, as this group in hoping and believing that there still might be a buyback.

Once again: the settlement said “up to 3 mpg decline” would be acceptable. The larger vehicles, however, are being held to “no more than a 1 mpg” decline. Indeed the new EPA sticker going on the fixed Touareg still says 20/29 for mpg, suggesting that under testing the mileage decline is *less than 0.5.*

I could go on giving reasons, but why bother. You guys stopped reading after the first paragraph, when you saw where I was heading. Goodness, we have become less a society than a bunch of separate echo chambers.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:33 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythdoc
“Hope springs eternal,” but I have rarely seen a group so determined to keep hope alive, so eager to supply any reasoning whatever that jumps to mind, in spite of all evidence and assurance to the contrary, as this group in hoping and believing that there still might be a buyback.

Once again: the settlement said “up to 3 mpg decline” would be acceptable. The larger vehicles, however, are being held to “no more than a 1 mpg” decline. Indeed the new EPA sticker going on the fixed Touareg still says 20/29 for mpg, suggesting that under testing the mileage decline is *less than 0.5.*

I could go on giving reasons, but why bother. You guys stopped reading after the first paragraph, when you saw where I was heading. Goodness, we have become less a society than a bunch of separate echo chambers.
Of course we stop reading after the first paragraph. Otherwise there'd be no reason to live, nothing to talk about, or to complain about or...yadda...yadda...yadda. This is the internet. From this flows allot of nonsense.

Last edited by bpp; 11-13-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mythdoc

So you're saying there's a chance?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've not accepted any money from audi, what are my options at this point?
Old 11-16-2017, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you wish to accept money from Audi? If so, by appointment, I think you can still go by your dealer and have your car registered for the fix.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JTDI
So you're saying there's a chance?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
Do you wish to accept money from Audi? If so, by appointment, I think you can still go by your dealer and have your car registered for the fix.
if I were to take legal action, does my position help me?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 565 Likes on 447 Posts

no that ship done sailed, you had to opt out to pursue your own legal action before the settlement was ruled upon.. you can either take the money and the fix, or leave em.. your now bound to the terms agreed upon by the courts.. you no longer have the option to take legal action, well I suppose you could try but it would be dismissed right away and just waste money.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 11-17-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs