Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
I didn't bother completing all the paperwork to get half the payment. Do I need to do it before I take it in for the fix, or will they just do it at the dealership.
You need to complete application on vw portal. Dealer will not do the update without an approval number.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, my dealer finally figured out what they need and are supposed to have it by next Tuesday.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Correct Dennis- first thing they asked for was the reference number. I gave them that and a day or so later I got the email saying an electronic transfer was in the works. You click on accept the money and it will show up within a day or so in your account.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brought my 2014 Q5 in for the emissions modification last Tuesday and got the vehicle back late Wednesday. Besides the emissions recall they also did the auxiliary heater recall as well as an Audi Care 35K service. From the work order I see the parts used listed as Glow Plug, Oxygen Sen for the emissions recall as well as new under hood stickers. Personally I do not feel any difference in vehicle performance. I cannot comment on any difference in fuel economy. Yesterday (Monday) I had a delivery from FedEx delivering my second half of my check from Audi as I did not sign up for direct deposit. Outside of the fact that it was a long drawn out process to finally get a fix for the 2 PC engines I must admit the fix went very well and smooth. The dealer did not have the car fueled up when I came to pick up the vehicle, but I showed him the booklet saying that they will give a fuel fill up, he promptly had someone go and fill up the vehicle. I came in with about 1/4 tank of fuel and left with it full.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got the fix done Tuesday and the 2nd 1/2 payment was deposited Friday. Post pardon me depression is setting in . . .
Old 01-28-2018, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the TDi fix and auxiliary heater fix completed on Friday. Seemed pretty simple. Picked it up with a full tank, print out of the financial settlement due, and was told check would be sent overnight in about 3 business days.
First driving impressions are that it might be a little noisier at cold start up. As I accelerated onto the freeway it seemed the shifts picked up the next gear at a higher RPM than previously. I use a mileage tracking app so over time I will be able to see if there is any significant mileage change. Drove a 2018 Q5 2.0 for the loaner. It moved alright, but did not have the torque of the TDi. Glad this is finally resolved.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First available appointment for the TDI fix for me is 3 weeks out! I guess Atlanta must have a lot of V6 diesels...
Old 01-28-2018, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I called my dealer they ask me if I want a loaner or not. I said yes then they said the available appointment would be February 10th. Then I ask if I don't want a loaner? They say you can take it next week. My car got done last Thursday.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arcsupply
When I called my dealer they ask me if I want a loaner or not. I said yes then they said the available appointment would be February 10th. Then I ask if I don't want a loaner? They say you can take it next week. My car got done last Thursday.
Hmm that's a good point. I'm also getting my 35K Audi Care service done as well as the heater core fix so I figure it's an overnight job at minimum since I'm dropping the car off at lunch time. I'd rather have a loaner than deal with transportation back and forth 20-30 minutes each way.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
Hmm that's a good point. I'm also getting my 35K Audi Care service done as well as the heater core fix so I figure it's an overnight job at minimum since I'm dropping the car off at lunch time. I'd rather have a loaner than deal with transportation back and forth 20-30 minutes each way.
They have a shuttle. I dropped off Wednesday and pick it up Thursday evening. Once the car is done they call me and have the shuttle to pick me up back to the dealership. I also had oil change and some other recall done at the same time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs