Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
After exactly 100 months with a very reliable MY2010 Q7 TDI, it was sad to turn the car back to VW a few days ago. The VW portal experience was relatively painless (won't bore you with the unnecessary delays caused by VW's document reviewers) and once the settlement paperwork was signed and accepted, scheduling a date/time took another 2 weeks. Turn in at my favorite dealership was completed within 30 mins last Monday afternoon. Got my Chase EFT email last night (before midnight) and received confirmation from my bank about the deposit early this morning. With an exception of a couple of glow plug alerts, the Q7 had no other mechanical/electrical issues.
Hi, if there had been any mechanical issues or check engine lights etc would that have changed anything with the return? I am scheduled to return our Q7 this Friday, and when I called and spoke to the dealership person, she said the car has to be able to drive forward and backward 5 feet by itself. That did not sound like much of a bar form my perspective. Our car has no issues whatsoever, but just wanted to ask.

Thanks much...
Old 02-17-2018, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by barga
Hi, if there had been any mechanical issues or check engine lights etc would that have changed anything with the return? I am scheduled to return our Q7 this Friday, and when I called and spoke to the dealership person, she said the car has to be able to drive forward and backward 5 feet by itself. That did not sound like much of a bar form my perspective. Our car has no issues whatsoever, but just wanted to ask.

Thanks much...
The dealership person told you correctly. Check engine lights or other mechanical issues won’t hold up a buyback if the car starts and moves. The only red flag that I know of is a stripped car. Well, there are two. Flippers who bought salvage title cars are also being held up at present.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
(won't bore you with the unnecessary delays caused by VW's document reviewers)
No kidding. I dealt with that too. “ Your letterhead logo doesn’t match your corporate name.” ( its a dba.) “You cannot be the one signing the document granting yourself authority to do the buyback.” I’m the president of the corporation. :-/. Easier just to create what they want than to try to explain.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mythdoc

The dealership person told you correctly. Check engine lights or other mechanical issues won’t hold up a buyback if the car starts and moves. The only red flag that I know of is a stripped car. Well, there are two. Flippers who bought salvage title cars are also being held up at present.
hmmm “stripped car”. We bought the 2012 used from an Audi dealer and it had running boards, I had planned on removing the running boards, taking the floor mats, and removing the winter tires and rims, and putting back on the original alloy rims with summer tires before the buy back appointment this Friday. Any issue removing the running boards?

Last edited by barga; 02-17-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added details, fixed spelling
Old 02-17-2018, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by barga

hmmm “stripped car”. We bought the 2012 used from an Audi dealer and it had running boards, I had planned on removing the running boards, taking the floor mats, and removing the winter tires and rims, and putting back on the original alloy rims with summer tires before the buy back appoint this Friday. Any issue removing the running boards?
No issue with what ou are describing. By stripped we are talking about yahoos who took out the seats, the hood, and anything else they could think of and still drive the vehicle.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Germany’s top court rejects Volkswagen’s bid to suspend emissions audit

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle37454321/

Germany's highest court has rejected a bid by Volkswagen AG to suspend the work of a special auditor appointed to investigate management's actions in the "Dieselgate" emissions scandal.

A three-judge panel did not give an opinion on the merits of the case, in which VW argues that the naming of the auditor by a lower court violated its fundamental rights, but did dismiss the firm's request for an injunction.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmh, must be getting too close to the actual problem . . . we have a similar thing going on here!

Or, just more fake news . . .
Old 02-28-2018, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Have had the "fix" for about a month. CEL came on yesterday. Took it by the dealer today, diesel particulate filter code. They ordered one under warranty, but not sure this is going to be an issue or it's just my Audi dealer. They also have had to order the heater core box due to a cracked assembly causing a whistling noise after they did the recall replacement of the auxiliary heater element. Car was fine until they got there hands on it. This includes them dinging the aluminum trim around the shifter (which they replaced) but still. So far they've been no better than my experience with the VW dealer and service. BTW, only one Audi dealer in my city.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, buddy, I feel your pain. I had to sell a perfectly good Touareg because the VW dealer here could not fix it. It was not a lemon. Just a few problems. They were just unable to diagnose or fix anything. Then there were the 87 mile joyrides in my Touareg etc.

My Audi dealer is better but prices are beyond ridiculous. Gotta pay for that new $31M facility they built. So, I finally found a good Inde-Service shop. A must with these rides IMO.

Unfortunately, the wrong Inde shop can create even worse nightmares.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

No lemon law?

Quick Reply: YEEHAW! Audi to Buy Back 3.0L TDIs