Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

20,000 Mile Service Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20,000 Mile Service Question

Hello All,

This morning I dropped off my 2018 SQ5 at the dealer for it's 20,000 mile service. Sounds like the service is ~$900 (before looking at the vehicle). I do have Audi Care. Does this seem right? This is the first Audi that I have owned and it just seems steep. Maybe I am just accustomed to the services on my Tahoe which run $80-$150 depending on what is needed.

Any and all input is welcome!

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 AM
2018 Q5 Prestige

My understanding is that your balance due would be $0, assuming you have pre-paid Audi Care.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckycharmmms
This morning I dropped off my 2018 SQ5 at the dealer for it's 20,000 mile service. Sounds like the service is ~$900 (before looking at the vehicle). I do have Audi Care. Does this seem right? This is the first Audi that I have owned and it just seems steep. Maybe I am just accustomed to the services on my Tahoe which run $80-$150 depending on what is needed.
I'd appreciate it if you could let us know if you owed anything after the service (and why). I only have 4k miles on mine so I have a ways to go until my first checkup, but I thought the benefit of AudiCare is that it covers all of the 10/20/30/40/50k service aside from wear and tear items?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That was/is my assumption too. I was in a rush to get to work so my only question to him was to ensure that he knew I had Audi Care, which he confirmed, so I don't know why else he would tell me that it was ~$900?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tron1982x
I'd appreciate it if you could let us know if you owed anything after the service (and why). I only have 4k miles on mine so I have a ways to go until my first checkup, but I thought the benefit of AudiCare is that it covers all of the 10/20/30/40/50k service aside from wear and tear items?
I definitely will. I'm picking it back up tonight so hopefully I don't have to put my card down!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Hello All,

This morning I dropped off my 2018 SQ5 at the dealer for it's 20,000 mile service. Sounds like the service is ~$900 (before looking at the vehicle).!
$900!?!?!? No no no. I haven't a clue what you were trying to be sold, but following the recommended Audi service guide that comes with your car, not some "additional recommend" services. AudiCare is intended to cover ALL service costs excluding consumables like brake pads and wiper blades. You should owe zero dollars. Sounds like you need to have a serious chat with the service manager or owner about transparency of having work done at that store or find a different store for you service work. That's terrible customer service and a poor representation of the brand.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got off the phone with the service manager who said that would have been the cost if I didn't have Audi Care. He assured me that my bill is $0.

Sorry for the panic and thank you all for the responses which prompted me to make the call!
Old 11-06-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got off the phone with the service manager who said that would have been the cost if I didn't have Audi Care. He assured me that my bill is $0.

Sorry for the panic and thank you all for the responses which prompted me to make the call!
So why didn't he say that in the first place?
"The service would normally cost $xx.xx but since you have Audi Care, the service won't cost you anything. Have a lovely day."
Old 11-06-2018, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JonnyRotten
So why didn't he say that in the first place?
"The service would normally cost $xx.xx but since you have Audi Care, the service won't cost you anything. Have a lovely day."
I am completely with you on that. I wonder if some customers just pay anyway? In all fairness I did purchase my vehicle from another dealer but I am getting my service done at this dealer because it is so much closer to home. Maybe there is some confusion as to whether or not I have Audi Care? It still makes me a little uneasy.

It reminds me a specific hotel that I stay with fairly frequently. Every single time that I checkout there is a charge for something out of the minibar ($15 bottle of water etc) which I have never taken. And every single time that this happens I say "I didn't have that" and they say "oh, our apologies" and remove it from the bill immediately and without hesitation. I'm sure many people don't even question it and just pay. Great hotel in every other aspect besides that.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I took my A4 in for its 20k service and got a similar quote too. I don’t have Audi care cuz my car probably won’t see its third service since I might get something new next year. I asked them not to do anything except oil change and brake fluid change which I got a coupons for. Total came to $100.
They said they do a lot of stuff like air filter change, cabin filter change, alignment and balancing and all that comes to around $850. Since my car has done only 12k miles, I didn’t get those done.

Quick Reply: 20,000 Mile Service Question