Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2018 Q5 Engine Failure

Old 09-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2018 Q5 Engine Failure

Hi All,

Iíve bought 2018 Audi Q5 Prestige model with all bells and whistles a month ago. Last week I and my family were on the highway and we see the drive system malfunction on the dashboard and we saw no acceleration and we were kinda panicked and drove into the emergency lane. We called road assistance and towed car to the nearby dealership. Theyíve confirmed with in an hour that engine burned out and Audi recommends it to be replaced. I was shocked to see an engine failed with in a month and was utterly disappointed with the Audi in this case. They havenít reached out to me yet with the possible solution. Iím only expecting to get a replacement or a refund from them. What do you guys suggest? And have any one faced the similar issue.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How did it burn out? Did the engine have a detination and melt a piston/blow a ring?
Old 09-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They didnít reply explicitly what went wrong in the repair section, but was sure it has to be something with excessive oil consumption in the engine.

Are there any similar cases heard in this forum? I feel disappointed to see it happened to our first Audi car within a month.

Any lead is appreciated.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:23 PM
TYJ
AudiWorld Member

Iíve been reading the Q5 MKII forum since this model was announced and this is the first time I can recall hearing such a story. Super bummer, but it must be an anomaly. Sorry it had to happen to you. I hope Audi will do the right thing and replace the engine or entire Q5 with a new one for you ASAP! Please let us all know how Audi responds.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah itís a bummer, hope Audi replace the vehicle rather than an engine. Itís just been a month of ownership and I do not want any major repair showing up on the carfax and who knows if they repair it properly. I am not having any confidence driving that car even if they replace the engine.

The interesting thing is I am the second one having this issue at the same dealership (towed to). No idea if there will be a class action suit for this or if Audi pursue a recall.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

What was the mileage on the vehicle before the engine issue?
Old 09-06-2018, 03:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It was 2400 miles odd.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Saivivek Bheemanathini View Post
Yeah itís a bummer, hope Audi replace the vehicle rather than an engine. Itís just been a month of ownership and I do not want any major repair showing up on the carfax and who knows if they repair it properly. I am not having any confidence driving that car even if they replace the engine.

The interesting thing is I am the second one having this issue at the same dealership (towed to). No idea if there will be a class action suit for this or if Audi pursue a recall.
I would think that Audi would want these vehicles back or send a representative to study the issue.
I would definitely press them to give you a replacement vehicle as well. I wouldn't want a brand new vehicle with a major repair on it.
The fact that you are the second vehicle to have this issue from the same dealership also sounds a little suspect to me.
Please let us know how this progresses.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

two cars that needed to be replaced from same owner same dealer??? the odds just don't add up. what fuel do you fill them up with, do you drive "hard" turn the engine off with turbo still hot and spinning? I would look for other place of failure then Audi or the Dealer... thats just me. or you are a troll from BMW? what state are you located in ?

Last edited by KaDeTime; 09-07-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dude why would I troll on audi if am BMW fan. I did look at BMW X3 before going for Audi, I didnít like their cost for package add-ons, it was a mess. I went for the fully loaded 2018 Q5 prestige with tinted front windows less than the cost of BMW X3.

Talking about your suspicion, I bought my car from Audi Omaha in Nebraska, and we were relocated to Indy for job. Incident happened after we moved to Indy and we towed to Indianapolis Tom wood dealership. The other owner got his car in Wisconsin and unfortunately his incident happened in Indianapolis too.

Talking about driving skills, this is a brand new vehicle, how would you expect one to drive a first time Audi owner, Iím not a bonker to waste a 60 grand car. As a matter of fact this is our 3rd car, the other two are 2006 Passat and 2006 Jetta, they are still in good condition, thatís how we take care of them. The only reason we went for Audi is have good protection for our baby, but unfortunately it became an irony for us. Hope it answered your questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 Engine Failure

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: