2018 Q5 Hitch - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 Hitch

Old 11-12-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2018 Q5 Hitch

I am new to the forum but I would like to let you know that Stealth Hitches has a hitch available for the 2018 Q5. It is completely invisible until you need to use it and no cutting the fascia. Critical parts are stainless steel. You can view the product at stealthhitches.com. The video on the website best explains the hitch.

Please feel free to email or call me with questions.

Best Regards,

Steve
[email protected]
678-714-3592
Old 11-12-2017, 07:16 PM
TYJ
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd recommend changing your thread title to "2018 Q5 Stealth Hitch".

Now, a few questions:

1. Is the Stealth Hitch rated to carry/pull the same weight as the available Audi factory hitch?

2. What is a typical cost of installation for the Stealth Hitch (additional to the cost of the Stealth Hitch hardware)?

3. Can Stealth Hitch be installed anywhere or only "authorized dealers"?

Last edited by TYJ; 11-12-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2018 Q5 Stealth Hitch

Originally Posted by TYJ View Post
I'd recommend changing your thread title to "2018 Q5 Stealth Hitch".

Now, a few questions:

1. Is the Stealth Hitch rated to carry/pull the same weight as the available Audi factory hitch? Yes. When the ball mount is inserted into the stainless steel latching latching mechanism, a tight connection is created to the vehicle frame, eliminating banging and jerking associated with square tube receivers. This allows us to also comply with the European testing that usually carries a higher tow rating. Stealth Hitches are always designed to exceed vehicle tow and tongue weight ratings.

2. What is a typical cost of installation for the Stealth Hitch (additional to the cost of the Stealth Hitch hardware)? Depending on the rate of the installer, it should take about 2 hours for a rack only and 2.5 hours for the towing package.

3. Can Stealth Hitch be installed anywhere or only "authorized dealers"?
Many of our customers self install while others will take it to a local hitch installer or favorite body shop. I can send instructions if requested.

Thank you for the title suggestion!

Best Regards,
Steve
[email protected]
678-714-3592
Old 11-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I like that design.
I did a self install of a draw-tite aftermarket hitch. I only use it to haul a bike rack. The biggest drawback with a aftermarket unit is that you don't get all the supporting electronics and features of the OE hitch. What I discovered is that these electronics cannot be purchased separately.
Does Stealth offer a wire harness for the 2018 Q5 ? The best I could come up with is the Tekonsha unit and that still is less than ideal.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Rustydog View Post
I like that design.
I did a self install of a draw-tite aftermarket hitch. I only use it to haul a bike rack. The biggest drawback with a aftermarket unit is that you don't get all the supporting electronics and features of the OE hitch. What I discovered is that these electronics cannot be purchased separately.
Does Stealth offer a wire harness for the 2018 Q5 ? The best I could come up with is the Tekonsha unit and that still is less than ideal.
Yes we do have two wiring harness options available with our hitch. The Stealth harness only operates trailer light functions. This harness draws current from a direct connection to the battery and does not draw current from the tail lights preventing potential vehicle faults. The second harness option is an active harness that does communicate with the vehicle for the extra features. This harness/controller requires the same programming as the factory harness.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by StealthHitches View Post
Yes we do have two wiring harness options available with our hitch. The Stealth harness only operates trailer light functions. This harness draws current from a direct connection to the battery and does not draw current from the tail lights preventing potential vehicle faults. The second harness option is an active harness that does communicate with the vehicle for the extra features. This harness/controller requires the same programming as the factory harness.
Can you link to those two options? Cost?
Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Rustydog View Post
Can you link to those two options? Cost?

Yes there are wiring options on step 2 of the link below:

https://stealthhitches.com/products/...del-years-2018
Old 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We have received a lot of requests today from people reading this forum. I am pleased to offer the people on this forum a 10% discount for orders placed for any Audi hitch before 12-1-17. The code is "AudiForum"

https://stealthhitches.com/

Thank you very much for the interest! Please continue to call or email me with questions

Best Regards,

Steve
[email protected]
678-714-3592
Old 11-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't see anything about Class rating or weight limits?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Installation Instructions link does not access a PDF, it takes you to the FAQ page.

Search this Thread