Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

System updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System updates?

are we able to update the infotainment and/or the cars computer from home? I see an SD or USB option in the MMI settings but not sure where we check for updates - anyone know?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amorak
are we able to update the infotainment and/or the cars computer from home? I see an SD or USB option in the MMI settings but not sure where we check for updates - anyone know?
I updated my maps through the cars LTE connection without an issue. I would try that first because it's very easy.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amorak
I tried yesterday to update navigation maps using myaudi.ca and loading the new maps using SD card but it doesn't work for me. I have gone ahead and called Audi customer service support for help.

Has anyone had trouble programming homelink? I'm unable to program it to my craftsman garage door opener
Old 09-08-2017, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twoamazing
I tried yesterday to update navigation maps using myaudi.ca and loading the new maps using SD card but it doesn't work for me. I have gone ahead and called Audi customer service support for help.

Has anyone had trouble programming homelink? I'm unable to program it to my craftsman garage door opener
I downloaded downloaded the maps and installed them without an issue. Homelink was a little harder since I had to do it in my garage for the programming to work.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I updated my maps through the cars LTE connection without an issue. I would try that first because it's very easy.
How long did the in-car download take?
Old 09-08-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I downloaded the Nav map update files last night from my.audi.ca to my computer. It took about 2 hours. The total download was 10.5 GB. Going to copy the files over to an SD card tonight and try to load the update into my Q5.

When I took delivery of my Q5 I was having a very hard time programming HomeLink. I believe it has to do with the fact that garage door opener remotes sold in Canada (and perhaps some in the U.S.) are designed to quit transmitting after a few seconds of continuous button press. I got around this programming issue by releasing the remote button (for half a second) after each 4 second button press and kept repeating the same button press/release timing sequence until the HomeLink button was successfully programmed.
I recommend making sure your remote has a new top quality brand name lithium battery installed (Duracell or Energizer) before starting the job. Also, I suggest holding/operating the remote with only your thumb and index finger, and positioning the remote near your Q5's ceiling, in the area around the rear view mirror. Doing all of this worked for me. Good luck.

/R
Old 09-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you download the complete map updates or by regions?
Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbreeze
I downloaded the Nav map update files last night from my.audi.ca to my computer. It took about 2 hours. The total download was 10.5 GB. Going to copy the files over to an SD card tonight and try to load the update into my Q5.

When I took delivery of my Q5 I was having a very hard time programming HomeLink. I believe it has to do with the fact that garage door opener remotes sold in Canada (and perhaps some in the U.S.) are designed to quit transmitting after a few seconds of continuous button press. I got around this programming issue by releasing the remote button (for half a second) after each 4 second button press and kept repeating the same button press/release timing sequence until the HomeLink button was successfully programmed.
I recommend making sure your remote has a new top quality brand name lithium battery installed (Duracell or Energizer) before starting the job. Also, I suggest holding/operating the remote with only your thumb and index finger, and positioning the remote near your Q5's ceiling, in the area around the rear view mirror. Doing all of this worked for me. Good luck.

/R
I was having trouble getting Homelink to work as well, but following the instructions in the manual using the MMI worked AFTER I realised I had to push OK again on the last step when it asks if garage door is opening. Then it worked.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Did you download the complete map updates or by regions?
I downloaded the complete map update (all regions). "Version information" in my MMI (i.e. navigation database software version) indicated ALL regions for North America were loaded into the system at the factory. Decided to update the entire database.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

does it matter if you have audi connect onboard? i didn't order it with my car. anyone will upload the maps onto a google drive....i cant for the life download it from myaudi.ca profile

Quick Reply: System updates?