Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 q5 premium plus pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynastyss
I've got them down to $45k on a $53k premium plus (nav, warm weather, cold weather, trailer hitch, BO audio)
That's great because they would go lower from $47k on a $53k premium plus that included the Nav, warm weather, cold weather, trailer hitch, BO audio, 5 year service contract, Audi beam ring, Audi guard all-weather floor mats and the 20" wheels tire package.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "BigAl"
That's great because they would go lower from $47k on a $53k premium plus that included the Nav, warm weather, cold weather, trailer hitch, BO audio, 5 year service contract, Audi beam ring, Audi guard all-weather floor mats and the 20" wheels tire package.
That might be a better deal too to be honest, because of the wheels, floor mats and service contract.

Does that 47k include the $1500 finance rebate?
Old 08-31-2018, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does that 47k include the $1500 finance rebate?
That's a good question. I have to check into this, because with my luck the incentive may be included. I still think that you have a better deal at $45k.

You won for sure.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was financing with Audi a requirement to get some of these great deals? I already have outside financing. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rty7186
Was financing with Audi a requirement to get some of these great deals? I already have outside financing. Thanks.
You get a $1500 rebate if you finance with Audi (5.9%)- counts towards your down payment + they pay $800 towards your first payment. You only need to stay for 3-4 months and can then refinance with any other outside/lower source (I've seen 3.5% from BofA probably lower with other Coop banks) with no penalty. I'd take the discount and then switch after a few months.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by usernamepc
You get a $1500 rebate if you finance with Audi (5.9%)- counts towards your down payment + they pay $800 towards your first payment. You only need to stay for 3-4 months and can then refinance with any other outside/lower source (I've seen 3.5% from BofA probably lower with other Coop banks) with no penalty. I'd take the discount and then switch after a few months.
Exactly!

I wanted to just pay Audi off on the first day, but they talked me out of it because of the incentive to finance with them. They say pay it off on the 4th month, but the first month is on them up to $800. I don't even remember how many years that they finance it. However, be smarter then me; if you are going to pay it off in 4 months, finance it with Audi for as many years possible so the interest will be lower to get the incentive: see an amortization chart. Then pay them off in 4 months. More money for you is better right? Interest per month paid to Audi will be lower for 6-years than in 3-years. You are going to pay it off anyways in 4-months. You have to pay it off because total interest for 6-years is much higher the 3-years. Go to BofA or anywhere else to get a lower rate. Then pay it off in 4-months. There is no penalty or any other adverse affect to us for paying it off early either. That's the first thing that I wanted to know.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys both mentioned 4 months, why is that the case? I was going to do it the second after they paid for my first payment.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the good info. I guess I could go with them for the $1500 incentive and the "up to $800" on my first payment if these are even still available. My current Audi is with Audi FS (VW). I would only want them to run it thru Audi and not shotgun it out to everyone since I have financing secured with my credit union. I will either finance with Audi or Navy Federal.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You guys both mentioned 4 months, why is that the case? I was going to do it the second after they paid for my first payment.
Good question!
I think some kind of disclaimer will give everyone a pease of mind about this one because I haven't seen it yet. I purchased my car just last week. All Audi dealerships in Houston are saying the same thing; "In order to get the incentive, we have to pay three months first (Audi pays the first month) before paying off the loan." I argue this big time because we have to pay 3 months worth of interest ($650+): $1500 incentive is more like $850 or less. So my sales manager took another $1,000 off the price because he knew that my check book was ready to walk out. However, all Audi sales reps states to pay it off in 4-months just to be safe (another $230 for interest of course).

Apparently, there is some kind of penalty if we do not wait 3-months. However, I have not yet seen anything documentations regarding Audio finance for incentives. Everything is hear say. The language in detail regarding special rules and explanations regarding this matter are void on Audi website. However, the savings is still there even if the bottom line is much lower the $1500. Therefore, the forum is here for us to come together to work it all out. If I find something in my stack of papers, I will post it ASAP and maybe we don't have to pay the interest for that 4th-month.

Last edited by "BigAl"; 09-02-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by "BigAl"
Good question!
I think some kind of disclaimer will give everyone a pease of mind about this one because I haven't seen it yet. I purchased my car just last week. All Audi dealerships in Houston are saying the same thing; "In order to get the incentive, we have to pay three months first (Audi pays the first month) before paying off the loan." I argue this big time because we have to pay 3 months worth of interest ($650+): $1500 incentive is more like $850 or less. So my sales manager took another $1,000 off the price because he knew that my check book was ready to walk out. However, all Audi sales reps states to pay it off in 4-months just to be safe (another $230 for interest of course).

Apparently, there is some kind of penalty if we do not wait 3-months. However, I have not yet seen anything documented regarding Audio finance for incentives. Everything is hear say. The language in detail regarding special rules and explanations regarding this matter are void on Audi website. However, the savings is still there even if the bottom line is much lower the $1500. Therefore, the forum is here for us to come together to work it all out. If I find something in my stack of papers, I will post it ASAP and maybe we don't have to pay the interest for that 4-month.
I hear you, thanks for the response. My dealer told me there is zero pre-payment fees so I was going to refinance to a credit union after my first payment credit posted. That said it would be great to triple check there is no other gotchas. I'm 90% sure that 3-4 month thing is for the dealer to get their kickback.

Quick Reply: 2018 q5 premium plus pricing