Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Golf clubs

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf clubs

Hi, currently I have a 2014 Acura MDX. I probably don't need a SUV that large. I do have a regular group that plays golf. Is it possible to get (4) golf bags in the cargo area with (4) people in the car? The bags would probably be across the width of the car wit (2) on the bottom and (2) on top of them. That is how I load them in the MDX. I don't know if the Q5 cargo area is a wide as the MDX.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From this video and the size of the bag he pulls out vs the overall width and depth of the cargo area it looks like you should be able to.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, 3:16 into the video.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I doubt it, looking at the specs it's only 41" ( going from memory) and that's far from what you need. I'm in the same situation-would like to carry 4 golfers. There may be enough room to angle the bags, take out the driver or drop the center rear seat and put some vertically. Another way that will work for sure would be to drop the passenger side rear seat and put two bags vertically and the other two horizontal. Then one passenger would have to sit in the middle seat.
I started looking at SUV's with a Driver to check width. After a while I decided that it was more important to get the right vehicle. The BMW X5 and Cad XT5 are no go. Lexus RX and Mercedes E class work for 4 bags. IMO this is far superior to everything Else and if you need more room there's always the Q7.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Golf bags fit

Can't speak to new Q5 new dimensions but as past & current Q5 owner I can say getting 4 sets of clubs & 4 people not possible. Well. Maybe 4 "Sunday Bags" but with today's driver lengths not possible to put clubs in width-wise. One of the reasons I u/g to Q7. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by GaryK4
Hi, currently I have a 2014 Acura MDX. I probably don't need a SUV that large. I do have a regular group that plays golf. Is it possible to get (4) golf bags in the cargo area with (4) people in the car? The bags would probably be across the width of the car wit (2) on the bottom and (2) on top of them. That is how I load them in the MDX. I don't know if the Q5 cargo area is a wide as the MDX.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No way to fit 4 bags and 4 players in a Q5

I do comfortably get 3 bags and 3 players in my Q5. Lay the small side of the back seat down to get the third bag in
Old 05-06-2017, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hawksie
Can't speak to new Q5 new dimensions but as past & current Q5 owner I can say getting 4 sets of clubs & 4 people not possible. Well. Maybe 4 "Sunday Bags" but with today's driver lengths not possible to put clubs in width-wise. One of the reasons I u/g to Q7. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I did the same thing. I got a Q7 and love it.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just curious, does the Q5 has less room than an older generation Honda CR-V? Just curious because 4 of us routinely go golfing using my friend's CR-V. I would have thought the Q5 to be larger.

I am referring to this one.
http://media.caranddriver.com/images...-s-450x274.jpg

Mr. Wolfe
Old 05-06-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryK4
Thanks, I did the same thing. I got a Q7 and love it.
Hi GaryK4,

A question about the Q7. I was originally thinking of upgrading to the 2018 Q5 (coming from a 2014 Allroad). However, there is too much hard plastic in the new Q5 for the price and I'm not sure about rear leg room for my elderly parents, and while I don't golf, I do like to put my bike in the back with the wheel on (which I can do in the Allroad and would probably work in the Q5). I've been thinking of going for a Q7 2.0t which is close enough price wise to the Q5. How does it feel driving? My fear is that it feels too big, too bulky relative to the Q5. I've only driven a 2016 Q5, but I'm sure the new model feels similar in size.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TobiAudi
Hi GaryK4,

A question about the Q7. I was originally thinking of upgrading to the 2018 Q5 (coming from a 2014 Allroad). However, there is too much hard plastic in the new Q5 for the price and I'm not sure about rear leg room for my elderly parents, and while I don't golf, I do like to put my bike in the back with the wheel on (which I can do in the Allroad and would probably work in the Q5). I've been thinking of going for a Q7 2.0t which is close enough price wise to the Q5. How does it feel driving? My fear is that it feels too big, too bulky relative to the Q5. I've only driven a 2016 Q5, but I'm sure the new model feels similar in size.
I'm just reverse, I have never driven the Q5. Also, i think that is a very subjective question. It is big, but drives great. I would give a Q7 a test drive.

Quick Reply: Golf clubs