Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 - ABT TUNE or APR

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Imola wagon
Just installed 2 Dtuk. Highly recommended. Still playing with which value is the best. so far my ride is 1/+2. While my Client car is 2/+1.

On 2/+3 . at higher RPM . there was a quick chock. had to lower it down.

And those 2 unit are BT app control. via "PowerControl" from DTE,
Are you saying the DTUK box works with the DTE power control app? Do all DTUK boxes come with BT?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
I have had no issues and no CEL lights. I'm running map #1 / +3 on the boost settings. It's not a fuel cut at WOT, it is the ECU does a throttle cut if it senses high boost during a shift. It is quite minimal on the SQ5, and can be fully alleviated by getting off the throttle slightly on a shift (and typically only happens when shifting at ~3000RPM where peak torque is).

I'm guessing it is sport +3. Looking at their unit, it looks 100% the same as the DTUK.

It is 100% worth the money. Highly recommend it. It comes with a "blanking" connector that shorts the wires back, so you can remove the physical boost controller. On my BMW, it has a nicer location for the boost controller (under a plastic panel near the firewall). I just put the blanking plug on it, and leave it all connected for service. On the SQ5, the install is a lot more apparent since there is no where to really hide the wire terminations. Install is literally 5-10 minutes, so you could just pull it out for service, and I probably will.
Thank you for responding. Now, once you installed the module, how do the regular driving modes work on the SQ5? For example, normally for spirited driving I shift into Sport Auto or Sport Dynamic per se. Now, if I were to install the module, do I set it to whatever Level/Stage I want but can I still adjust the regular driving modes?

Have you tried Map 1, and lowering the level to +1 or +2 to see if that eliminated the WOT throttle cut at 3K rpm? What octane fuel were you using on your SQ5?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Imola wagon
Just installed 2 Dtuk. Highly recommended. Still playing with which value is the best. so far my ride is 1/+2. While my Client car is 2/+1.

On 2/+3 . at higher RPM . there was a quick chock. had to lower it down.

And those 2 unit are BT app control. via "PowerControl" from DTE,
What octane fuel were you using and/or your client? Also, it seems so far that the SQ5's are not fully liking the +3 level regardless of Map 1 or 2. It seems based on feedback they are doing fine with +1 and +2 though. Does that sound about right?

Also, using the Bluetooth phone app control, if you want to just use the stock Audi settings and bypass the module, can you just turn it off from the app? For example, maybe I just want to take a long trip and the stock settings are fine.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't played with the maps yet (weather is in the toilet right now), but my understanding is the difference between map 1, 2 and 3 is just power delivery band. Is map #1 more down low, whereas map #2 not as aggressive in the lower region?

Just curious what your "butt dyno" feels.
I am very curious to see what the different maps feel like on the DTE / DTUK modules. The DTE RX unit labels the maps Sport, Dynamic, and Efficiency (mileage). I know I will be primarily using the Sport and Dynamic modes.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wishbone
Are you saying the DTUK box works with the DTE power control app? Do all DTUK boxes come with BT?
My understanding after talking with reps from both companies, is that the DTE RX is the most recent version and comes with the BT App version to be used with your phone. The DTUK module is just coming out with their BT App version and they will sell it but their website has not been updated yet. They may be interchangeable but I am unsure.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018-SQ5
Thank you for responding. Now, once you installed the module, how do the regular driving modes work on the SQ5? For example, normally for spirited driving I shift into Sport Auto or Sport Dynamic per se. Now, if I were to install the module, do I set it to whatever Level/Stage I want but can I still adjust the regular driving modes?

Have you tried Map 1, and lowering the level to +1 or +2 to see if that eliminated the WOT throttle cut at 3K rpm? What octane fuel were you using on your SQ5?
Driving modes are the same as before. Running map #1, you'll feel power exponentially grow from 2000RPM to about 3500RPM. My understanding is map #2 wouldn't make that power gain at the bottom as aggressive (but I like it, so it stays. ) I'm running 91 octane (winter blend). At the time is was at +1 level. From my conversations with Active Autowerke (on my BMW boost controller), you can dial it back to help with the issue at shifts, but then you also lose power throughout the rest of the power band. The issue is when you go a high load shift at that peak boost, then the ECU measures too much boost pressure at the shift point, closes the throttle to prevent over torque issues with the transmission. Without a full tune, there isn't anything you can really do to "fix that".

I'm running +3 with no issues. According to DTUK, it depends on sensor tolerances between vehicles though.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wishbone

Yes. They just received the BT modules last week.

Last edited by Imola wagon; 02-06-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi guys,

Just bought an SQ5 2019 for my wife and just read through this thread and saw that there was no updated on the tunes from APR or AWE/GIAC. I called ABT today and they are also offering a piggyback for $1,720.00. Anything new out there that I have missed?

Thank you,

Manuel
Old 06-19-2019, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

If you are doing piggyback, do JB4. Works flawlessly, smooth as silk, and the added power is amazing (for around $500).
Old 06-19-2019, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you are doing piggyback, do JB4. Works flawlessly, smooth as silk, and the added power is amazing (for around $500).
Any actual tunes for the ECU out there ?

Thanks,

Manuel

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 - ABT TUNE or APR