Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 PPF/Ceramic Pro coating Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 SQ5 PPF/Ceramic Pro coating Advice

Hello Everyone,
First time new car buyer & Audi owner, and figured I'd start off my first new car with an 2018 SQ5 (S Sport Package / Nappa Leather & Carbon Atlas Inlays Interior / 21 inch wheels/ didn't get the Virtual Cockpit - was a bit dissapointed that the color I wanted didn't have that option, but figured I can live with it !!).

Was looking for PPF/Ceramic Pro coating advise. Got a quote for a reputable Detailer/Tinting place here in MD, for the following I'm getting a $4000/ quote.

Suntek Ultra PPF
Full front ( Includes full hood / fenders / wheel arch / front bumper / rear view mirrors / optic film for lights )
Ceramic coating ( Full Interiors / Leather/Fabric/Plastic/Carbon Fiber Inlays)
Ceramic Coating for All Glass (4 windows / Windshield front/rear / Moonroof)
Ceramic Coating (4 Wheels / Red Brake Calipers)
&
GTechnique Crystal Serum coating on the entire car.

And after talking to the guy (which is after researching 3 other competing installers, all of whom quoted a much higher price and some weren't that easy to even reach over the phone), I left the shop with a good feeling (not to mention saw a McLaren getting filmed in the shop !), but wondering if it's worth the money and all.

What do you guys think ?

P.F
Old 10-24-2017, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got my 2018 Q5 full front protected with Suntek and CQuartz Ceramic Pro. Its about two weeks old now and hit the first rain, the car looks perfectly clean in the garage! Had a few bugs that came off with ease - so thus far I am extremely happy. The only way to really know the worth those is the long run. I hope it to last 5 - 7 years and make washing a lot quicker.

Suntek full front protection (the same items you have indicated) = $1430
CQuartz Pro w/full paint correction = $1650

***Edit - I did not get my interior Ceramic coating. Don't know much about it, but it just seems weird to do that...
Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
I just got my 2018 Q5 full front protected with Suntek and CQuartz Ceramic Pro. Its about two weeks old now and hit the first rain, the car looks perfectly clean in the garage! Had a few bugs that came off with ease - so thus far I am extremely happy. The only way to really know the worth those is the long run. I hope it to last 5 - 7 years and make washing a lot quicker.

Suntek full front protection (the same items you have indicated) = $1430
CQuartz Pro w/full paint correction = $1650

***Edit - I did not get my interior Ceramic coating. Don't know much about it, but it just seems weird to do that...
-- Cool. Sounds on par with what my quote is thus far. As far as the Interior Ceramic coating goes, same with me, felt a bit weird to get it for the interiors at first, then the guy at the shop showed me what they were planning to do. It's a different kind of Spray/application for Leather, where they apply it to a sponge like applicator and spread it across the leather, kind of like a leather polish but with hydrophobic / leather moisturizing properties and similarly a different one for plastic, they poured water over a door panel in a different car they had done this, and the water just beaded off the Leather panels/Alcantara on the door interior panels.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FermatP
-- Cool. Sounds on par with what my quote is thus far. As far as the Interior Ceramic coating goes, same with me, felt a bit weird to get it for the interiors at first, then the guy at the shop showed me what they were planning to do. It's a different kind of Spray/application for Leather, where they apply it to a sponge like applicator and spread it across the leather, kind of like a leather polish but with hydrophobic / leather moisturizing properties and similarly a different one for plastic, they poured water over a door panel in a different car they had done this, and the water just beaded off the Leather panels/Alcantara on the door interior panels.
bizarre - does it change the feel of the leather do you know?
Old 10-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From what I have read ,it'll leave the leather feeling soft/ locking in the factory smell plus all the other water repellent advantages.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, it doesn't. Not with CQuartz Leather at least.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I got a film on the full car plus interior CF for $4k. Tint with ceramic film for another $400.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
I got a film on the full car plus interior CF for $4k. Tint with ceramic film for another $400.
Sweet. Looks like the quote I got is on par. I bit the bullet, turned the car in, will take delivery on Friday and will post pics on how the end result looks.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FermatP
Sweet. Looks like the quote I got is on par. I bit the bullet, turned the car in, will take delivery on Friday and will post pics on how the end result looks.

Thanks guys.
FermatP,

I am glad to hear that you are getting Paint Protection Film on your new ride! I have been in the PPF industry for 17 years and a distributor for 3M Paint Protection Film products. I am not trying to just be biased to 3M as SunTek and XPEL are both great products but I did want to give you the most up to date information on the 3M Scotchgard Pro Series Paint Protection Film that might be of interest to you. Attached is a current comparison of the main films on the market and the nice option with 3M Pro Series is that you have the ability to purchase a service agreement that covers the following over and above the standard 10 year product warranty. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me and I am happy to help. Congrats on your new purchase!

Scotchgard Optional PPF Service agreement includes 5 Years of Coverage on New, CPO or Used
  • Chipped Paint
  • Scratching
  • Stains by Salt, Bird Droppings, Tree Sap, Bugs or Automotive Fluids
  • Up to $3,500 Remove/Replace PPF in damage area, repair Paint damage
  • Electronic warranty registrations and management
  • Upper/Lower/Full areas of vehicle
  • Transferable
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The 3M Difference Chart.pdf (73.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is direct business advertising allowed on this forum?

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 PPF/Ceramic Pro coating Advice