Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Order Guide/Book Date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry yes you are correct, order guide I have is for the A4/S4/A5/S5 sportback and Q7. No order guide for Q5 or SQ5 yet for 2019
Old 06-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Can you by any chance PM me the order guide for the allroads? My VWGOA rep doesn't have it either.

Sure I have the allroad order guide for 2019. Will send it to you. No Q5/SQ5 order guide yet.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, just talked to rep at the dealer. They have been told not to expect the 2019 Q5/SQ5 order guide until late August or beginning of September...but they could expect deliveries to show up in October, presumably vehicles Audi "pre-configured".
Old 07-05-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It’s too soon for a refresh but there must be some significant change or one would think there is no reason to delay. A few new colors shouldn’t cause a delay, IMO.
Edit-The level 3 capability comes to mind.

Last edited by Ron.S; 07-05-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Perhaps "S-Line" trim now available?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Curious thing about the delay, as no one is really expecting any substantive changes for 2019, except perhaps somewhat different configurations of packages/options. Addition of an S-Line would certainly be welcome (as someone having to get out of his 2016 Q5 S-Line due to the need to get out of the sport seats). I'd welcome the chance to get into an S-Line 2019 Q5, but I'm not holding my breath. The new base turbo 4 is excellent and I would willingly own a Q5 powered by it, but I suspect there are things I would miss about the smooth, grunty (and thirsty) 3.0 supercharged engine I have now in my 2016.

Nevertheless, this puts presents something of a quandary. I believe I've found a local dealer willing to order the particular Q5 Prestige I'm interested in, which is all options except for the the warm weather package (as that would force me back into sport seats) and swapping in 19" wheels upon delivery. But, if I ordered it next week as a 2018 it would most likely not arrive until October and immediately become a year-old model if cwrm4 is correct about the timing of the arrival of "pre-configured" 2019s on dealer lots in October. But if I wait a couple of months until the order guide opens for 2019, well, that would mean December until I would get the specific configuration I want. I could just risk it and hope to find a pre-configured that suits, but it seems almost impossible to find one with no sport seats *and* adaptive dampening.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm surprised a dealer told you they will take your 2018 Order. The order book for MY2018 is closed. The only trim you can configure is the tech package (aka Summer of Audi Premium). Prestige cars are not available for ordering any more, other than inventory cars.

I had been waiting for MY19 Order Guide, and this week I found a Q5 Prestige the way I wanted at the port (MY18). It took me multiple months to find it. It will arrive in early August, I'm getting a good discount. I hope new order guide comes before, at least to be able to compare if anything new.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Huh. Well, the dealer did not actually try to place the order, he just assumed, I guess, that he could. He did place a call to the factory to ask whether a certain option could be ordered together with something else, so maybe the factory just took the question as a hypothetical. I'll check again Monday, but if that's the case, then I guess my quandary is solved and wait for 2019 it is.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I wonder if the new tariffs has anything to do with the delay? Maybe possible pricing changes or reconfiguring the option packages to prepare for the potential impact of the tariffs? I’m just guessing, but the other guides may have been completed so they let them release but if they were still working on the Q5, maybe they decided to take another look. Again, just a guess.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It’s not likely for the Q5 but the Bosch Electric supercharger is making it into some Audi Turbos next year. It eliminates turbo lag by adding boost in .3 seconds while the exhaust driven turbo spools up. It’s a long shot but it could be a possibility for the SQ5. The BMW X3 has a better 0-60 time by .6 seconds so Audi could be looking to bump performance. It could also be improved safety and autonomous driving software. The Lane Keep needs improvement.
Waiting a few months seems wise. You may regret a hasty decision for a lot longer!

Quick Reply: 2019 Order Guide/Book Date?